“Breathtakingly wonderful piece of sculpture”
Review of Verity Statue

Verity Statue
Devon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Breathtakingly wonderful piece of sculpture”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Saw Verity for the first time today, and she was awe inspiring. The sculpture's sheer size, height and location, straddling the harbour, was for me reminiscent of the ancient Colossus at Rhodes. She is both beautiful and challenging, and Ilfracombe is lucky to get her own world wonder, so thanks Damien.

Visited July 2014

Port Talbot, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“unusual”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

i went to the ier and came across this unusual statue i just could not make it out at all i wonder if the resident of this area could shed any light on it

Visited April 2014
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
158 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Stunningly amazing statue”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I loved it. I can see why the statue is controversial, but for me, it was a beautiful piece of art. I don't agree that it's location is inappropriate. We viewed it from all angles, including that from the sea when we returned from a trip on a rib to see the seals. It has made a big mark on my memory and I keep having to look at our photos of the statue.

I also took another view of Damien Hirst. I knew about his quirky art from visits to The Tate Modern in London. But the statue showed me his other talents. It is certainly thought provoking but it is beautiful too.

My 14 yr old grand daughter really appreciated our visit to view the statue.

Even if you don't agree with me it is very worth while going to take a look in order to make your own mind up.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Interesting”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Were quite excited when we heard about Damien Hirst's Verity statue being on Ilfracombe quay. We are both big fans of his work & weren't disappointed with this. Also went to look round his gallery then had a glass of wine in his restaurant although prices were quite high.

Chester, United Kingdom
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Not very impressed!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Recently visited Ilfracombe on holiday and spent many hours sitting around the harbour which is a lovely place with little gift shops, cafes and boat trips around the coast. Had heard about the statue 'Verity' with various negative views, so decided to have a look ourselves. We had visited St. Nicholas church perched on the hill so have seen 'Verity' from all angles! We were not very impressed, but it is obviously a 'talking point' with the many visitors to Ilfracombe and some people would find it fascinating.