“statue”

Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“statue”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

typical of the artist , I loved it , but could be controversial , just needs an expression from the artist to explain the piece

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Freaky Verity”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Marmite Statue not for everyone. One side is pleasant the other is a horror show. If you like Damien Hirst then its a must see.

1 Thank ChrisJo200304
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Verity”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had never heard of Verity, so on my return visit after 35 yrs.to Ilfracombe was utterly amazed to see this wonderful statue looking out to sea. I thought it was amazing and stood their for a long time to take in every detail. I will certainly tell others on my reurn home to make a visit, this is not to be missed.

1 Thank Dulciebelle
Wynyard, Australia
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“A very unusual and confronting attraction to be found in a strange place”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Ilfracombe, on the west coast of Devon is not unlike Whitby on the other side of the Country and has some lovely cafe's dotted all along the main shopping thorough fair, I quite enjoyed our couple of hours there with friends in June. And then there was Verity!!

What can I say - I appreciate modern art like some others, but I found this statue a bit confronting and to be honest, it's location on the Pier looking out to sea was confusing - why put a statue representing justice on the edge of a pier - I would have thought she was more inclined to be placed in the heart of London, maybe in Hyde Park or near the main Courts - but a sunny little seaside town of Ilfracombe.

Oh well, I guess she had to be put somewhere, and maybe the Town Council wanted to increase artistic visitor numbers to the area, but I would have thought any monies used to have Verity installed might have been better spent on infrastructure.

Unfortunately, the whole concept was lost on me. Nice town to visit, but Verity just seemed out of place.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Wynlyn
Cleveleys
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Who next Talos?”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Looks like Talos's girlfriend having a bad day. Does not improve image of harbour or Ilfracombe at all. Nice offer and idea just wrong statue.