“I was in awe”
Review of Verity Statue

Verity Statue
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Wow this is amazing, would loved to have seen it coming into the harbour via a boat.
Could have stayed longer and looked at Verity but unfortunalty it didnt hold the same attraction for my young kids! would love to have this at the entrance to the harbour in my home town (Poole)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,921)

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Unexpected surprise ! On a day outing to the Victorian ramshackle of Ilfracombe we came across one of the most amazing things I've seen. Verity is sublime and a true juxtaposition to the town.
Go see - she is just fabulous !!!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The statue is imposing and impressive, occupying a prime position at the harbour. My 15 year old diva daughter who is studying GCSE Art described the statue as "very good", which is all the praise I need, to know its worth seeing. Unfortunately once you get past the harbour, Ilfracombe is a bit run down. It's full of tourists in sleeveless tops, tattoos and there are Staffordshire bull terriers everywhere, strutting around and trying their best to look like their owners. We stopped for a big brew at the Rendezvous cafe at the visitors centre. It was very pleasant with an agreeable view of the sea. It's worth a visit just to see the statue.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Damien Hirst needs a pat on the back for all the things he is doing for Ilfracombe. His statue is certainly an impressive addition to the harbour area, helping to increase visits to this part of the town.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We both intensely disliked this art installation and thought it ugly. However judging by the number of people visiting and photographing it we were in the minority. However it undoubtedly attracts visitors and money to Ilfracombe so that can only be a good thing for this old seaside town.