I had need of a night of quiet conversation and rest - a very busy business week piling on the miles. Having been in Birmingham the night before I was certainly in need of a restful atmosphere and comfortable surroundings.
I was welcomed by smiling friendly staff and immediately taken to the Braunton suite. Best described I feel as slightly quirky nevertheless the four poster bed looked inviting (and proved to be very comfortable too, later). The bath is in a separate 'enclosure' off the main room but I quickly discovered a massive advantage of this - you can lie in pleasantly warm water and watch TV!
Dragging myself away as I needed to eat I found the bar area comfortable and the beer excellent.
Dinner was very good, the choice of food was exciting and both perfectly cooked and well presented. The meal was complimented by quiet unobtrusive service, sparkling glasses and white starched table cloths and napkins. The wine was fine - so good in fact that I had a further glass with the noteworthy Cheese Board.
Coffe and Cognac back the lounge followed by an excellent nights sleep in the four poster!
I shall definitely be coming to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trimstone Manor a traditional country house offering accommodation. the only one in the greater Ilfracombe area (and only three miles from glorious Woolacombe), is set in 44 acres of landscaped gardens and beautiful North Devon countryside and provides the perfect location for those who want a peaceful and relaxing break. With easy access to the A361 Trimstone is also perfect for those who want to explore North Devon. The fine sandy beaches and rolling surf of Croyde, Woolacombe and Saunton are just a short drive as are the secluded coves and cliff paths around Ilfracombe and Combe Martin. Other attractions include the famous twin villages of Lynton and Lynmouth, Exmoor, the North Devon coastal footpath, Arlington Court for the National Trust's Carriage Collection or the delights of a working sheep dog and falconry demonstration a mile away. Whatever the weather there is always something to do at Trimstone. Nearby we have clay shooting grounds, golf, quad-biking, horse-riding, you-name-it! Guests can use the games room, tennis court, indoor heated swimming pool, gym and sauna, walk in the grounds or simply relax in a quiet spot with a drink and a good book. Concessionary evening rates for Three Star Tyme Restaurant apply for pre-arrival bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trimstone Manor Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trimstone Manor Country Hotel
- Trimstone Manor Country House Hotel Ilfracombe, Devon