As we love North Devon, we were delighted to see that KGB deals were doing a deal for a 2-night stay for £109 bed and breakfast at a hotel near Woolacombe. We booked for the Easter weekend and were really looking forward to it. We arrived on Friday afternoon and the weather was lovely and sunny and all seemed perfect........until we arrived at the hotel. First impressions weren't too promising. The place was deserted, no cars in the car park, it was approached down a very narrow lane so we kept our fingers crossed that nothing was coming the other way!. Then the receptionist showed us to our room. The carpet had not been hoovered for I don't know how long.....there was a layer of dust on the bedside tables......the bathroom floor could have been cleaner and the sink was suitable for a small cloakroom. However, the shower was nice and hot and powerful. The bed was small for a double, very soft mattress but at least the bedsheets were clean as were the towels in the bathroom. To be honest, I was all set to check out there and then and find the nearest B & B but as we had already paid for the deal, we decided to put up with it. On the plus side, the view from the room was lovely and it is set in a peaceful location with lots of hens, wildfowl, peacocks, etc. There were also owls hooting in the night to remind us of how rural we were - which was actually quite nice. Our room and the hotel was lovely and warm - very welcome when coming in out of the cold weather we've been having. The coast was only a short drive from the hotel. Breakfast was OK and we had dinner in the restaurant on the Saturday night which was good value for money. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a lovely time in Devon as always and actually enjoyed our stay at the hotel after all - despite my first impression of the room - and I'm glad we decided to stay. It was a lovely, relaxing break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trimstone Manor is a traditional country house offering 4 star accommodation only 3 miles from glorious Woolacombe. Set in 44 acres of beautiful North Devon countryside & landscaped gardens, it is perfect for a peaceful & relaxing break. With easy access to the A361 Trimstone is also perfect for those who want to explore North Devon. The fine sandy beaches and rolling surf of Croyde, Woolacombe and Saunton are just a short drive for all the beach lovers and surfing activities as are the secluded coves and cliff paths of Ilfracombe & Combe Martin. We have famous Lynton & Lynmouth, Exmoor, the North Devon coastal footpath, Arlington Court (NT), gardens or the delights of a sheep dog & falconry demonstration. Whatever the weather there is always something to do. Nearby we have clay shooting grounds, golf, quad-biking, horse-riding, you-name-it! Guests can use the games room, tennis court, indoor heated swimming pool, gym & sauna, walk or simply relax in a quiet spot with a drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Trimstone Manor Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trimstone Manor Country Hotel
- Trimstone Manor Country House Hotel Ilfracombe, Devon