We booked this hotel at very short notice for 1 night as a more comfortable extension to our camping trip...what a find. Our party was 2 adults, 2 children (5 & 8 years) and 2 16 year old lads and while it was not cheap we certainly got great value. On arrival our family room wasn't ready due to us only booking 30 mins before arrival but the friendly lady on reception suggested we use the indoor swimming pool while we waited. Nice big pool, lovely warm water, inflatables, flippers, goggles and balls were all there for us to use, there is a sauna which is £1.00 for 10 minutes, the only downside was by the time sauna had warmed up, the lads had run out of £1.00 coins (maybe the hotel could provide the first pound or 2 to warm it up?)
The rooms (1 double for the boys and a family room for us and the girls) were clean, spacious and very comfortable. The double room had a great view over the garden and tennis court and out over the hills and fields.
We didn't have dinner but breakfast next day was great. Cereal, pastries, and a great and plentiful selection of good quality 'full English' items all freshly cooked to order.
The check out time was 10am (I think) but as the kids were all enjoying it so much we asked the hotel if we could possibly check out a little later. Luckily this was no problem and we were told to enjoy ourselves and leave when we were ready. After the kids had exhausted themselves on the trampoline and in the games room which is a little 'tired' but totally fit for purpose, (table football, table tennis, pool table and a huge DVD selection which I presume are played on the projector in there. My only suggestion would be that a £5.00 investment on some new screw in pool cue tips would make all the difference), we finally checked out at about 2.00pm.
If you have a family and want to stay somewhere quiet, away from the towns that has plenty on site to keep them amused but also be within 'touching distance' of Croyde, Woolacombe, Ilfracombe etc then definitely consider a few nights here. Thanks Trimstone, we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trimstone Manor a traditional country house offering accommodation. the only one in the greater Ilfracombe area (and only three miles from glorious Woolacombe), is set in 44 acres of landscaped gardens and beautiful North Devon countryside and provides the perfect location for those who want a peaceful and relaxing break. With easy access to the A361 Trimstone is also perfect for those who want to explore North Devon. The fine sandy beaches and rolling surf of Croyde, Woolacombe and Saunton are just a short drive as are the secluded coves and cliff paths around Ilfracombe and Combe Martin. Other attractions include the famous twin villages of Lynton and Lynmouth, Exmoor, the North Devon coastal footpath, Arlington Court for the National Trust's Carriage Collection or the delights of a working sheep dog and falconry demonstration a mile away. Whatever the weather there is always something to do at Trimstone. Nearby we have clay shooting grounds, golf, quad-biking, horse-riding, you-name-it! Guests can use the games room, tennis court, indoor heated swimming pool, gym and sauna, walk in the grounds or simply relax in a quiet spot with a drink and a good book. Concessionary evening rates for Three Star Tyme Restaurant apply for pre-arrival bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Trimstone Manor Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trimstone Manor Country Hotel
- Trimstone Manor Country House Hotel Ilfracombe, Devon