Two adults, two kids under 6yrs and a dog, we stayed in the self-catering cottages in the grounds of this hotel. We found ourselves to be in an excellent country location within easy reach (15minutes drive) of local amenities (petrol, tesco, child friendly pubs, beach -Woolacombe, harbour & town-Ilfracombe, Tarka trail for kids scooters or bikes-5 minutes). Only a few hundred yards off the main A361 which is the main road to get you around North Devon, the road to the hotel was so local that every morning i walked my dog for an hour up and down the road and only met 3 cars and two people on horses in a week!
The accomodation was better than average, with all modern facilities that our family needed. Our only complaint was that the double bed was a bit tired making you roll together whether you wanted to or not - so if you don't get on with your partner it might not be for you.
The swimming pool is one of the best i have ever used! It is kept at a very warm temperature allowing young children like ours to be in it for over an hour every day without feeling cold and the feature of it being in a converted barn with a water wheel inside the barn is very attractive.
The only disappointment of a most enjoyable week was when we had a cooked breakfast on our last day and my scrambled eggs were rubbery and a bit burnt - (the rest of the breakfast was excellent).
We will be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trimstone Manor a traditional country house offering accommodation. the only one in the greater Ilfracombe area (and only three miles from glorious Woolacombe), is set in 44 acres of landscaped gardens and beautiful North Devon countryside and provides the perfect location for those who want a peaceful and relaxing break. With easy access to the A361 Trimstone is also perfect for those who want to explore North Devon. The fine sandy beaches and rolling surf of Croyde, Woolacombe and Saunton are just a short drive as are the secluded coves and cliff paths around Ilfracombe and Combe Martin. Other attractions include the famous twin villages of Lynton and Lynmouth, Exmoor, the North Devon coastal footpath, Arlington Court for the National Trust's Carriage Collection or the delights of a working sheep dog and falconry demonstration a mile away. Whatever the weather there is always something to do at Trimstone. Nearby we have clay shooting grounds, golf, quad-biking, horse-riding, you-name-it! Guests can use the games room, tennis court, indoor heated swimming pool, gym and sauna, walk in the grounds or simply relax in a quiet spot with a drink and a good book. Concessionary evening rates for Three Star Tyme Restaurant apply for pre-arrival bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Trimstone Manor Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trimstone Manor Country Hotel
- Trimstone Manor Country House Hotel Ilfracombe, Devon