A well maintained property with lots of extra touches that make it special e.g. the tea provided is from the local company Miles and the breakfast ingredients are all locally sourced and delicious. The owners Sharon & Daryl could not be more hospitable and we were impressed that Sharon phoned us to explain that the room we wanted with a sea view involved lots of stairs - she was right! - but it was nice to be pre-warned.
It's an old building so the bedrooms are not large after the en suite bathrooms have been fitted but we had a king size bed with good quality bedding and towels.
A very comfortable and enjoyable stay - we will recommend it to our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Collingdale is an AA 4 star Silver rated Victorian guesthouse which also has an AA Breakfast Award. Beautifully situated directly on the South West coastal path, with miles of uninterrupted views across the picturesque harbour of Ilfracombe and the clifftop scenery of Hillsborough Nature Reserve. Just a few minutes walk to the beach and the beautiful historic harbour with its excellent selection of restaurants, shops, cafes and galleries and the ferry to Lundy Island. The town centre, Landmark Theatre and famous Tunnels Beaches are also within easy walking distance. Furnished to a high standard throughout with a cosy bar and an elegant guest lounge and breakfast room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Collingdale Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Collingdale Hotel Ilfracombe
- The Collingdale Guest House Ilfracombe, Devon