Stayed at the Collingdale for two nights on 6th & 7th April. On arrival we received a very warm welcome and shown to our room which was very clean and nicely decorated with a lovely view. A very comfortable bed and plenty of hot water. The owners Sharon and Daryl were very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and suggested a visit to Appledore as we hadn't been there before and also recommended an excellent tea room, Susie's, where we had a superb cream tea. When asked about restaurants in Ilfracombe and they asked what our preferences were. Based on our answer they suggested Relish and, again, they were not wrong. We had a fantastic meal with brilliant service. A special mention for Daryl's wonderful breakfasts which were cooked to order and set us up for the day. We had a fabulous time and wouldn't hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Collingdale is an AA 4 star rated Victorian guesthouse, and are proud to have received an AA Breakfast Award. Beautifully situated directly on the South West coastal path, with miles of uninterrupted views from our balcony view rooms across the harbour, Damien Hirst's statue 'Verity' and magnificent cliff top scenery of Hillsborough Nature Reserve. We are just a few minutes walk to the beach and the beautiful historic harbour with its excellent selection of restaurants, shops, cafes and galleries and the ferry to Lundy Island. The town centre, Landmark Theatre and famous Tunnels Beaches are also within easy walking distance. Furnished to a high standard throughout with a cosy bar and an elegant dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Collingdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Collingdale Hotel Ilfracombe
- The Collingdale Ilfracombe, Devon