Just come back from a stay at the Grosvenor. It is located in a prime position in Ilfracombe and you can literally walk out the front door onto the sea front. Like most of the buildings in this town it is either georgian or victorian and the inside is dominated by large rooms and high ceilings. Yes it is a bit tired in places but it is well decorated, spacious and spotlessly clean. The dining room seats about 50 and the foyer and lounge has comfortable chairs and settee's. There is some form of entertainment most nights ( a guitarist and music request show) when we were there, and the entertainment is basic. However it would appear that alot of the guests come in on coach trips and by the very nature are middle aged or elderly, and this seems quite acceptable to them. Drinks are reasonably priced (£1 for a bottle of water. £3.70 for a pint of cider) and the food is again very reasonable, and you can get a three course meal for about £15. We had roast lamb one night and cod mornie the next. The food was well cooked, hot and delicious, and the breakfasts were also great! In my opinion the hotels greatest asset is it staff. They are all very very friendly, curteous, helpful and good at what they do. When you stay there you have to remember that this is a small seaside hotel that gives a good product for around £49 per person per night including breakfast. You are not paying Ritz prices so what you get in my opinion is really good value for money. Also I can't believe I have read revues that complain about the seagulls! What do people expect to find at the seaside?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you at Devon Bay Hotel. Its Stately Victorian exterior fully compliments the stylish and characteristic interior, blending old and new styles to create a unique and exciting environment. Our large and airy restaurant looks out to the front of the hotel, serving freshly prepared breakfast and dinner every day. We also have a large bar and comfortable lounge areas, which are great to sit and enjoy a drink and relax. The Devon Bay Hotel is ideally located in the bustling centre of Ilfracombe, minutes from the cliff tops and beautiful sandy beach, meaning guests have everything they need within walking distance. Our aim at Devon Bay Hotel is to ensure that your stay with us is pleasurable. You will always receive a friendly warm welcome, whether you are visiting us for lunch or dinner, a function or an overnight stay. Whether business or pleasure, why not make the Devon Bay Hotel first on your list of new venues to visit - we look forward to welcoming you. Step outside and you are on the Promenade with its many shops, cafes, and the Landmark Theatre complex. Open all year around, we offer Christmas and New Year Packages and our nightly entertainment ensures that your visit to the Devon Bay Hotel will be enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Devon Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Hotel Ilfracombe
- Devon Bay Hotel Ilfracombe