Having never been to Devon before, this was the first hotel I've stayed in on that coastline, closely located to the sea ononly being a few minute walk away. To start on a positive note, the staff working there were incredeibly friendly and welcoming; the old gent from michegan was very chatty and made you feel at home. The rooms were small and dark inside but were comfy and warm with a nice shower but disappointing window view of scaffolding next door. There was however an uproar of noise beneath the floor when someone else went to the loo, luckily only happened a few times when we were asleep. Having breakfast included, the food was quite nice with a good selection, although the cups used at the table on both mornings (and in the bedroom) were dirty not having been cleaned properly. With there not being much on the 5 channel TV and the weather being poor on arrival, the hotel did offer some classic board games that kept us amused. Overall, a good value for money accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you at Devon Bay Hotel. Its Stately Victorian exterior fully compliments the stylish and characteristic interior, blending old and new styles to create a unique and exciting environment. Our large and airy restaurant looks out to the front of the hotel, serving freshly prepared breakfast and dinner every day. We also have a large bar and comfortable lounge areas, which are great to sit and enjoy a drink and relax. The Devon Bay Hotel is ideally located in the bustling centre of Ilfracombe, minutes from the cliff tops and beautiful sandy beach, meaning guests have everything they need within walking distance. Our aim at Devon Bay Hotel is to ensure that your stay with us is pleasurable. You will always receive a friendly warm welcome, whether you are visiting us for lunch or dinner, a function or an overnight stay. Whether business or pleasure, why not make the Devon Bay Hotel first on your list of new venues to visit - we look forward to welcoming you. Step outside and you are on the Promenade with its many shops, cafes, and the Landmark Theatre complex. Open all year around, we offer Christmas and New Year Packages and our nightly entertainment ensures that your visit to the Devon Bay Hotel will be enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Devon Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Hotel Ilfracombe
- Devon Bay Hotel Ilfracombe