We have just had a wonderful weekend at this Hotel, myself my partner and 2 friends spent the weekend here. The Hotel takes you back to Victorian times with its old yet lovely adequate decor, you get to feel the full effect of how it much have been years ago to be at the seaside, but I mean this in a good way as the rooms were fab and cozy the food tasty and the care the owners and staff gave us was above and beyond what we have got in other hotels here in the UK and the USA. It was like being at home, a real family atmosphere. Not like some over posh hotels where a child touches a table and is frowned upon !!! or you dont know where to sit as you are afraid you will mess something up !!
We even noticed the great care and help they gave to a group of old folks who came on a coach trip..it was lovely and they all seemed to have a great time !!
The entertainment was great, to see the old and young dancing together was touching.
We were given good advice on what to do and see in the area and we can honestly say we had a wonderful weekend and would visit again.
Thanks to the owners, job well done see you soon !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you at Devon Bay Hotel. Its Stately Victorian exterior fully compliments the stylish and characteristic interior, blending old and new styles to create a unique and exciting environment. Our large and airy restaurant looks out to the front of the hotel, serving freshly prepared breakfast and dinner every day. We also have a large bar and comfortable lounge areas, which are great to sit and enjoy a drink and relax. The Devon Bay Hotel is ideally located in the bustling centre of Ilfracombe, minutes from the cliff tops and beautiful sandy beach, meaning guests have everything they need within walking distance. Our aim at Devon Bay Hotel is to ensure that your stay with us is pleasurable. You will always receive a friendly warm welcome, whether you are visiting us for lunch or dinner, a function or an overnight stay. Whether business or pleasure, why not make the Devon Bay Hotel first on your list of new venues to visit - we look forward to welcoming you. Step outside and you are on the Promenade with its many shops, cafes, and the Landmark Theatre complex. Open all year around, we offer Christmas and New Year Packages and our nightly entertainment ensures that your visit to the Devon Bay Hotel will be enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Devon Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Hotel Ilfracombe
- Devon Bay Hotel Ilfracombe