“Excellent 2 days”
Review of Wildercombe House

Wildercombe House
Ranked #1 of 53 Ilfracombe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at Wildercombe House at the weekend warm welcome from Anne-Marie and Barry, the rooms were spotless and the housekeeping staff were brilliant.. The disable facilities were marvellous, my son room was massive with a full wet room. My son is wheelchair bound and needs full personal care, Anne-Marie was totally helpful with all requests regarding disability issues with my son. I can not express my gratitude the way they treated my son and ourselves.
Brilliant stay and exceptional disabled facilities.

Room Tip: The two rooms that we had were better than any 5 star hotel especially the disabled room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Wildercombe House

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I only stayed the one night whilst in Ilfracombe for the weekend, my room was a good size, tastefully decorated and well fitted out. I received a warm welcome and as stated elsewhere Anne-Marie and Barry are great hosts. There is a nice bar area and guest lounge as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. The communal areas and bedrooms are spotlessly clean. Lovely clean white sheets, nice fluffy towels, big tv with freesat could go on and on with all the room amenities. Breakfast is the best I have eaten with so much choice. A nice touch of a TV to watch the morning news was welcome in the breakfast room. The hotel is quite a walk from the harbour but is easily reached by taxi which only cost £3.50 each way. All in all I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone who likes clean comfortable accommodation with a bit of class!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Back for the third time, this trip was for 3 nights to make the most of our stay. Anne Marie & Barry are great hosts and made us feel very welcome. At all times we felt we were being looked after. The quality of the room and facilities is 5*. Can't wait to go again, staying here is a good reason to see more of our Son, Daughter in law and latest Grandson.
David & J I

Room Tip: If you are used to a super king bed then room 6 is fantastic especially if a view is important
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Truly grand, fantastic guesthouse. Heaps of character in the building, with beautiful views overlooking the town and sea. Plenty of parking with large spaces. Owners were both warm and friendly. Recommended without reservation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My husband whisked me away for the night for our anniversary. Our first night away with our baby. Ann-Marie was so helpful. We had a lovely big room with a fabulous view, plenty of room for the travel cot which was provided. We were even provided with a baby bath and nightlight. The welcome folder mentioned that a monitor and babysitting services were also available although we didn't use these. The bed was lovely and big and comfy, the bathroom was very luxurious with lovely smelliest and big soft bathrobes. The only 2 downsides to the room was that the sofa and chairs creaked when you sat on them and the tele being on to the side of the bed rather than facing the foot of the bed. The chairs had me panicking I'd wake my daughter up if I sat in them. Breakfast was lovely and a high chair was provided. My daughter has only just started on solids but the range of food available meant that she could have a very small amount of a variety of suitable things.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I spent two nights at the Wildercombe house. Excellent ,the hosts were fantastic and very professional. The rooms are very large and airy ,the fittings throughout are the best quality,nothing spared. With beautiful views. Thank you. Ann Marie for the best attention.

Room Tip: Go for room 7 it has views over the sea and farmland to the right.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends