“Not as bad as some reviews are making out”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ilfracombe
Ilfracombe Holiday Park
gateshead
“Not as bad as some reviews are making out”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I must admit I was scared after reading the reviews on here, after travelling down from newcastle we were really nervous as we drove in.
We got our gold apartment early and although it wasn't quite what we would expect from gold it was very adequate it even had a dish washer, we did have few little problem but they were all sorted wishing 24 hours.
The play area for children and the crazy golf could do with a major overhaul but my boys didn,t use them really, the swimming pools are very nice, the changing rooms are a bit limited but we just got ready at the apartment as it wasn't far.
The entertainment room is huge and there are always plenty of tables so you dont have to rush down for thé bingo just to make sure you get one, the stripy,s have activities for thé children in thé morning and then from 6 o'clock at night until late and they do a Stirling job.
This is a fine base to discover devon we even went over to Torquay for thé day.
Overall we are having a good holiday, a holiday is what you make it

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Ilfracombe Holiday Park, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hello Gazza

Thank you very much for leaving us such a fantastic review, we really appreciate it. Your comments have been passed to all departments.

The park does not deserve poor reviews and thankfully they are few and far between. We simply do not understand why some people choose to post them, when all the staff work really hard to make everyone feel welcome, as you experienced. However, we are all individuals and we can all have vastly different opinions on the same subject.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great time. Please come back and see us again, our returning customers are very important to us.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Brilliant entertainment team and great shows, especially forever Jackson, who is unbelievable, sings, dances and looks just like Michael Jackson

The food in chefs corner is great value and really nice, especially the Chilli, which is very spicy.

We had a silver room, which is very basic, no shower.
I had to be reminded by my partner that it's a budget holiday and to stop being so snobby.

But we had a really good week, short 15 min drive to Woolacombe beach, where we bodyboarded every day and had to drag our daughter out the sea every day.
It's also a 2 min drive down to Ilfracombe harbour, which is a lovely place, with loads of shops and quirky things.

For the price I'd defo recommend this holiday for families, especially ones with dogs.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello Daniel

Thank you very much for leaving us such a lovely review, we really appreciate it. Your comments have been passed on to all departments.

Once again our entertainments team have been singled out for extra praise and there is no doubt that they deserve it. They are all doing a brilliant job this year and work extremely hard to ensure everyone has a great holiday.

Our returning customers are so important to us and regularly make up 50% of our visitors and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Absolutely disgraceful place, please take note. We booked a gold standard apartment and was disgusted with the standard we arrived to. We was in the middle block and was kept up most nights by the noise of awful neighbours. The pool was cramped and unclean, the entertainment is poor at night and my son was threatened by a horrible mother for collecting our five year old from the play area. There are little to no facilities for children. The play area is small and simply rubbish. There is no reception and limited WiFi.
If you want a holiday were £1 coupons have been saved for a week from the newspaper for a two week break then this is what you get, not the expectation of the money we paid, I wanted out upon arrival.
I gave this review one star because the local area of illfracombe is lovely.
Please don't make our mistake people I just wish I could get my money back. We left after putting up with it for three days, couldn't do any more.

Room Tip: Look somewhere else!!!
1 Thank Martin L
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Ilfracombe Holiday Park, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello Martin

I was shocked to read your remarks regarding your stay at our holiday park. There are a number of very serious items in your review that will certainly not be ignored.

I shall be contacting you shortly and I feel sure that the matter will be settled to everyone’s satisfaction.

Guest Relations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Ilfracombe hotels

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Absolutely disgusted.

After booking a 'gold' apartment i arrived at the holiday park on Friday 1st August with my partner, son and sister in law, looking forward to a couple of nights in a beautiful part of Devon. However, the 'gold' apartment was dirty, old fashioned and had many things broken.

Firstly the front door handle hardly worked and took two of us to open it. This was the same for the bathroom and 2nd bedroom door. The room was supposedly cleaned and checked prior to my stay( according to the receptionist who wouldn't allow us into the room before 1600hrs) i use the term 'cleaned' very loosely as the windows were filthy, the sofa had so many stains on it i couldn't bring myself to even sit on it and the second bedrooms bedding had what looked like dried mucous on it, luckily i bought my own bedding.

After further inspection of the room things got worst. The toilet flush was broken, the heater in bedroom was also broken and one of the chairs around the table was yep you guessed it..... broken. Annoyed i thought it appropriate to raise my concerns to the camp management. I was met at receiption by one of the 'supervisors'( apparently no management were available to speak too...). I listed my grievances and was apologised to and was told maintenence would rectify said faults. 24 hours later the door handle had been fixed... The heater and toilet flush were still broken come my departure on the Monday morning.

Overall ilfracombe holiday park is situated in the perfect location; close to the town, beach, shops etc. However the park itself leaves a lot to be desired. Old fashioned, dirty and down right unsafe with amenities not working or missing. I was massively disappointed with the 'gold' apartment and feel completely lied to about the standard of accommodation. Do yourself a favour, don't even consider this park for your holiday or short break, you WILL be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014
6 Thank Clifton Nichola... L
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Absolutely disgusted.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Clifton L
Hello sir

It was such a shame to read your remarks regarding your stay at our holiday park when most of our guests have a great time.

I can only apologise that the issues you encountered did not seem to be rectified in a timely manner and that you received no apology at that time. It is more often the case that our staff are praised for their friendliness and cheery manner and I am again very sorry that you did not appear to experience this.

I shall be contacting you through the Tripadvisor messaging service and I feel sure that the matter will be settled to everyone’s satisfaction.

Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just come back from here and wished I read the reviews the place was old and dated and looked awful.the play park for the kids was a joke (ex council by the look of it) and that was it for the kids to do, thank god for Freddy the fox. On arrival had to wait 4 hours to get into to chalet and when we did my wife was so upset by what we found. Not one mirror in the place having contact lenses and a lady a mirror was a must. Down to reception which was a waste of time it took 3 days to get one and when we did it was placed on the table and left, great with kids around. But luckily next door gave us one a day before as they had 3 mirrors and the other chalet next door had 3 as well and we had none. In the brochure we had a bath we had a walk in shower and having 2 young kids it was hard work. The TV was the size of a tablet with no remote control but they did send someone round but never saw them again (still got a sore finger). But I think the main problem I had was the price I paid it was £700 in total for the week which for that I expect something decent which I didn't get, if I paid £200 I could live with it but I paid top wack and got rubbish which I am really disappointed with. I don't expect anything to come from this from John fowlers as it never does from these sort of places as long as they get their money they don't care. I just feel so gutted as my family were looking forward to this holiday and we were let down by the basics and I just don't want other families going threw what I had too because its not nice.
If John fowler would like to contact me my email is mhoskin1@gmail.com but I won't hold my breath many thanks Mr Hoskin

3 Thank mark h
Hello Mark

Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Dirty, ripped sheets, smallest TV screen in the world, uncomfortable beds, unhelpful reception staff who passed the blame fir our family being split across the camp, when requested to be together. The dishwasher was cleaner closed and there was so much dirt beside the cooker I am sure mr Sam and miss Ella would have said hello. Noisy neighbours who reception staff ignored requests as our 17 month old could not sleep. The worst holiday I have ever been on

Room Tip: Gold was the best, our choice, but very dirty and staff were very helpful
1 Thank fazz76
Hello Fazz

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilfracombe
The Bath House Hotel
Sandaway Beach Holiday Park
Sandaway Beach Holiday Park
#5 of 7 in Combe Martin
Combe Martin Beach Holiday Park

Been to Ilfracombe Holiday Park? Share your experiences!