We had booked for 6 nights but left after 2 nights as facilities were shut - the shop only opened for a couple of hours in the morning but the shelves were bare with no fresh bread,milk or newspapers - takeaway and games room also closed as I believe was the bar - also the toilet block nearest us to use was being shut within 2 days of our arrival the only one being left open was in the top field along way to trek first thing in the morning.
I did enquire as to when the site closed for season and was informed end of October this was mid September? My gripe being lack of information about these issues on the website before booking - from reading other reviews the best time to stay appears to be August!!
However there are good points the toilet block was very clean [lack of people] hot water a plenty and good fishing lake - also prices reasonable. The walk to the village is a narrow country road which I would not recommend to do in the dark and a 10 min walk to beach ? along a busy main road and the buses are not reliable. Hence we moved and had to pay again to stay at another site. I don't feel the website is a true reflection of the actual site
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mill Park is a beautiful 25 acre Touring Caravan, Camper Van and Tent camping site on the fringe of Berrynarbour village. Nestled in a beautiful secluded wooded valley with gentle stream gurgling through it feeding our 1.5 acre private fishing lake. Mill Park caters for all types of campers, from the spacious "grass only" pitches for the truly independent campers, right through to the serviced pitches complete with hardstandings, power, water and drainage for those wanting a little more creature comforts. You will find friendly, helpful staff onsite manning a well stocked shop for your everyday useful items and camping essentials. The showers and toilets are impeccably clean. There is a bar onsite serving local specialty ales, lovely wines as well as your usual brand beers, lagers and spirits. With the local beaches a stones throw away and loads of local activities on our doorstep you will not be short of things to do, alternatively relax by the lake, take a walk in the woods or explore the site. Our aim is to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Mill Park Touring Caravan & Camping Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mill Park Camping And Caravan Park Hotel Ilfracombe
- Mill Park Touring Caravan & Camping Park Ilfracombe, Devon