Cliffe-Norton Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscoach partyalfa coachmeal timesevening mealon arrivalsea viewthird floorthe cliffwell run hotelmid week breakmany thankssingle roomfruit juicelovely hotelnothing too much troublehigh standardpiping hot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel with my boyfreind and my parents, the food was absalutely amazing, and i just couldnt wait to see what would be on the menu next. My mum has a food allergy and i was told to tell them on arrival, which I did. Marcia actually checked us in and was our waitress for all of our stay, and every morning she would let my mum know exactly what she could and couldnt eat, she did this every day without fail always checking with the chef. Marcia was FANTASTIC always very polite, freindly, helpfull and extremely professional, as were the other waiting staff- they made a great team. They are a credit to the management of The Cliff Norton.
We did like our rooms however the one room was not what we asked for, I did let management know and the lady we spoke to was a little rude to us, and this is the reason weve given 4 out of 5. However the next morning a different lady called Mary was on the reception desk and she, was lovely even offering us a different room, if only she had been on the desk the day before we would have given top marks.
Parking is a bit of a chore its right round the back of the hotel, there is a shortcut you can take through the reception office to get back in, but the gent who showed us the car park and lifted the barrier doesnt offer this to you letting you have to walk all the way around, which takes 5 minuites while they go back in through the office door.
All in all excellent holiday, lovely location of hotel, amazing veiws, fabulous food,just reception needs to be a little more welcoming its slightly dated. The rest of the hotel is beautifull though.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with sea views, specify for a double and check so your not given a twin, and be warned most of the tvs are pocket size
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank R3b3cc4
Reviewed 22 October 2011

four of us called in without booking,fab rooms we had the 1 with the bay window, new bath,comfy bed,food was mmmmm shows good so we stayed another night,had a great time would deff go there again and what a view,friends room was just as good.

Room Tip: couldnt fault it us the first floor friends 3rd floor, and what a stairway.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank vida p
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I have just spent 5 days in this hotel and words can't describr it. The best hotel I have ever stayed in.Friendley staff, clean rooms and food to die for! It should be a 5star+ I hope they don't get rid of the chef!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are extra but worth it for the fabulous sea views
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank grossi_11
Reviewed 14 October 2011

When I get stressed, this is my bolt hole. I have stayed on weekend's. ( 50+ miles from My Home) Tenby is a very nice place to visit and the Cliffe-Norton Hotel has some of the best views. Breakfast is full English. Evening Meal, well you could be in a London Restaurant. Room's are cleaned every day.Towels supplied. Staff friendly, Not sure about wheelchair access, will check on my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John M
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Having stayed at the Cliffe Norton for the past 9 years,it is always such a pleasant friendly and happy place to stay. The rooms are always impecciably cleaned daily, food is out of this world and wonderfully presented, such heplful waiters nothing is too much trouble.
Would highly recomend staying here as it is very central and beautiful views from the hotel & the dining room over looks the north beach. This year we had different rooms to normal, but would say a huge thankyou to Martin as they were wonderful and so conveinent for my parents.Look forward to our visit again next year.

Room Tip: wonderful views from rooms on the hotel front
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family