Cliffe-Norton Hotel
US$92
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Parsonage Farm Inn(St. Florence)
US$117
US$153
US$109
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscoach partyalfa coachevening mealon arrivalsea viewthe cliffthird floorwell run hotelmid week breakmany thankssingle roomfruit juicelovely hotelnothing too much troublepiping hothigh standardoverlooking the beach
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just spent two nights at the Cliffe Norton. Fantastic value for dinner, bed and breakfast. This is a 2 star hotel but the food was more like 4 star quality. We had requested a beachfront room on a high floor and we were not disappointed. The views over the bay were magnificent from two very large windows. The hotel built in the Victorian era has lots of stair cases but there is a lift. They do have certain routines e.g. bar open from 6.00-6.30pm and again from 8.00-11.30pm, dinner at 6.30pm and breakfast at 8.30am sharp. There was an entertainer each night and the tour groups seemed to enjoy this but we didn't bother and we weren't bothered by it. We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much bother. The location is the best in Tenby. I would highly recommend it for its location, the food and the staff.

Room Tip: It's worth requesting a high floor facing the water. Our room was above the dining area which was really quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gertie55
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just home from a coach trip to Tenby,not a holiday but to see family for a special birthday. The Cliffe Norton was, as advertised, old fashioned and a bit shabby but I was not prepared for the maze of, corridors and tiny lifts that could not be used instead of stairs as you had to go either up or down to reach the floor you wanted.
I also knew that as a solo traveller I would be charged extra and get a poor aspect but the broom cupboard was something else. It measured about 6ftx 9ft with an eighteen inch window looking at a blank wall and a rubbish tip. There was a small chair wedged in a corner and the tiny ,dodgy television was only viewable sitting on the bed or getting to it. The en-suite had a bath with a shower over and no grab rails or handles.
All this was changed after the first night when I complained but the new room still looked out the back. I was informed that front rooms were extra but I had already paid the travel company what turned out to be four times the hotel's charge for a single room.
The saving grace to all this was the food and the staff who were great. The dinners were superb, hot, tasty and beautifully cooked and served. The last straw was the final night when no-one got any sleep from 2a.m. due to a dodgy fire alarm. No one came round to say it was a false alarm and one lady spent the rest of the night fully dressed in a chair waiting to see if she had to go out onto the pavement in pouring rain.

Room Tip: Do not go unless you are very fit and able.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank 961VeronicaE
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just returned from my first coach holiday, had paid a very reasonable price for a 5 night 1/2 board stay so no high expectations. I was therefore delighted with the Cliff Norton Hotel..All the important stuff right,spotless,friendly, nice room with fabulous views. Then the food! What a pleasant surprise scrumptious, choice of menu, served hot. This hotel has set the bar high, would definitely go back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Jill N
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just returned from a four night coach holiday with Ogden's of St Helens to this marvellous hotel run by husband and wife team and a dedicated staff presenting a very clean and accommodating hotel. Other reviewers have commented on the food, but I will go one better and say this is the best ever on any coach tour and would warrant a Michelin star for presentation, quality, flavour and choice for both breakfast and dinner. Service was excellent and Spanish young man Danny was a star-nothing too much trouble.The place is a little quirky and those with mobility problems would find it difficult to negotiate the labyrinth of stairs. I would definite recommend the sea view rooms-worth the little extra we paid. The staff were particularly helpful when one of our guests require hospitalisation at the end of the stay. They handled the situation sensitively and positively with Jill worth of a special mention. The only down side for us (and others in our group) was the entertainment-not worth staying up for! If you)like us) hate being put on the spot to accompany the act, then stay away. All three acts were "miming" to recorded music and pretending to play guitars. I think the owners need to review these acts otherwise it could impact on people's views of their stay in what was excellent.

Room Tip: Room with sea view - 50 to 53 were high enough to maximise the view of the harbour and bay
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have just returned from this hotel and I can say that the food was exceptionally good. The breakfast were always served hot and were always presented beautifully. The evening meals were always something to enjoy. Again the presentation and quality of the meals were always wonderful. The bedrooms were very clean and well equipped. The management were very pleasant. It is not very often that I can say that the gents' toilets were spotless at all times. Keep up the lovely standards. I really enjoyed it. Olive and Mark.

Room Tip: See view rooms at the front of the building.
Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family