“Who cares ??”
Review of Plantagenet House

Plantagenet House
Ranked #8 of 113 Restaurants in Tenby
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British, Welsh
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cardiff
“Who cares ??”
Reviewed 8 September 2009

Plantagenet House has been going downhill for years. Do the proprietors care ? I think not, as they can make plenty of money in the few summer months. Ten years ago, it was the best in Tenby, but now it's close to being the worst !!

2 Thank Umper

Cardiff
“A sad decline”
Reviewed 29 August 2009

I first went to the Plantaganet with my husband around 20 years ago and have returned there whenever we visited Tenby as we loved the food, the atmosphere and the buiding itself, we've never minded the higher than average price. However,our recent trip there was such a disappointment.. They advertised a free meal for children off the the kids menu between 5 & 6 pm. so as we had our daughter with us decided to take advantage of this. Unfortundately, I think that as it was '"free" they obviously decided that the food needn't be any better than that served in Little Chef, 1 sausage and chips thrown on a plate.I remember my daughter having lovely food from the kids menu years ago. My husbands meal was brought 15 minutes after mine and my daughter's so he ate alone! We were told that the meat had only just arrived. Why didn't they give my husband the option of ordering somethig else or ask us if we would like to wait so we could all eat together The napkins fett damp and the ladies loo needed some attention. One toilet appeared blocked and the one I used had the lock broken. The soap dispenser had leaked all over the area of the wash basin leaving the surrounding wood slimey and wet. We were also sat on a table right next to the till so it was quite busy and directly opposite an open door so it was draughty. We had the one course and left..What a shame. This used to be a great place with happy memories for me. I'm so sorry to see my favourite restaurant reduced to this.I see from other reviews I'm not alone in my disappointment.. Usually if I don't like a restaurant I just don't go back. I've never left a review of anywhere before. I just hope that the manager/owner may read this and restore this place to it's former glory!

1 Thank Abbos
Prague
“Stunning!”
Reviewed 28 August 2009

We dined there only once, however, all was great - romantic ambience, great food and friendly staff. I really recommend!

deutschland
“wonderful atmosphere, great fish”
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We stayed two times in this restaurant, and it was beantiful. We loved the atmosphere and the really good fish. You had to go there when you stay in Tenby. The service was very friendly. Sure, we will go back again if we stay a second time in Wales.
GREAT!

Lancaster
“Lovely building but food heavily over-priced and unappetising”
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Saw the building and busy restaurant and assumed that we were going to be in for a great meal, so didn't mind the expensive prices. With the majority of mains at £25 or so, you naturally expect a pretty fine meal.
All I can say is that the hair in the soup didn't get us off to a good start. I was happy to have another soup, but then I was forgotten about and had to remind the staff to bring my replacement starter. My wife had eaten most of her course by this time. To be fair, the soup was tasty. Sadly, the mains were quite unappetising. You have to try hard to make fresh fish heavy going, but somehow the chef managed it. Were we the only ones having such a poor experience? Sadly not, we also heard the maitre d' being called to tables and apologising to other customers - mostly for delays in their food arriving. I think they are operating a pile em high approach to getting people through the doors. This was evidenced by being us offered a free nightcap to vacate our table for a group dining at 10:30. This certainly isn't the experience you are being charged for.
To top it all, both my wife and I had bad stomachs within 6 hours of eating there. This really isn't good enough. You can eat in most gastro pubs for less than half this price these days and have a far better food experience. An over-priced disaster.

2 Thank Jasereyno