“Wonderful sunday lunch”

Ranked #12 of 123 Restaurants in Tenby
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Greeted as soon as we entered the restaurant, the ambience there is lovely. I had the lamb and my partner had the beef which were both lovely and the accompanying vegetable were very tasty and beautifully cooked. The house wine is always very drinkable, a bit too drinkable actually! We both chose creme brulee for dessert and wish it had gone on forever as their creme brulee is to die for. This could not be mistaken for a packet dessert with a bit of milk thrown in, it's creamy, just the right eggy taste, not too much and a lovely hint of vanilla. Coffees ended the meal nicely. The service was also wonderful as we were asked if everything was ok etc a few times and staff and owners were friendly and accommodating at all times, made to feel special. Can't wait for the next visit. : )

Reviewed 11 January 2011

We were welcomed by friendly staff and Barney and Nyree - the proprietors.. As it was Dec 31, the place was very busy and very "buzzy." Service was excellent and the waitresses pleasant and helpful. We started at about 8 0'clock, and 5 (or was it 6) courses later ended with a glass of champagne just before midnight. All the courses were well thought out and complimented each other. There was even a vegie option for my partner. Atmosphere was great, and we enjoyed a superb evening. We hope to return again next year, and hopefully a few times before then.

Reviewed 25 October 2010

I've eaten here regularly over the years and recommended it to a group of 16 ladies for a group dinner. The food, service and atmosphere were fantastic - i could not fault any of it. All the ladies agreed and came away extremely happy. Based on this I will continue to recommend the plantag to friends and relatives. I look forward to dining there again.

Reviewed 21 October 2010

First visited in 2006 and I remember having an excellent meal - quite expensive but worth it. Last Sunday we were in Tenby, just looking for somewhere for Sunday Lunch and thought we would give this restaurant a try again. Firstly, their Sunday Lunches are quite competitively priced compared with other local restaurants. We were immediately welcomed shown to a table (we hadn't booked). The service thought the meal was perfect and timely - not rushed and not too slow. We had the Lamb and the Pork - both were perfectly cooked, well presented and the portion size was just right. We saw others who had ordered the Beef and this looked even better. I will definitely be back when I am next holidaying in this part of Wales

Reviewed 9 October 2010

My husband and I have visited this restaurant several times over the past twenty odd years and always looked forward to our 'last night indulgence', the place screams enjoyable eating experience with intimate candle lit tables and the choice of a good wine and food menu. However our last visit a couple of weeks ago changed our opinion of the place forever. We were served by a very rude waiter who as far as I could see wanted us to get a move on and finish our meal as soon as possible, I have never felt more pressurised to finish a meal, nor felt more uncomfortable. My husband has vowed to never to return. My advise is avoid this restaurant and spend your hard earned money in a more deserving place.