“Give it a miss.”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Rude staff, poor food, over priced, No more to say.

2  Thank srd999

Reviewed 6 April 2012

This pub clearly does not rely on repeat business ... Beer was off, my friend took back and the rude manager smelt it, said to my friend's face that it is not off and told the ( friendly) barmaid to poor another and put it down to wastage. Terrible customer service and terrible food. We are not regular caravanners but my parents are and they like this 'wetherspoons' type of food and even they told us (after the event) that they would never go back! Awful mix of mock Tudor and faux Greek decor.
Avoid at all costs.

2  Thank IanShore
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We went here after seeing a sign on the nearby main road and were hoping to get a lunch.

As we walked in a lady approached us and straight away said 'We don't take credit cards you know?' in a wailing shriek.

We were dumbfounded , turned round and walked out. The fact that we had cash to pay was by the by, anyone with that attitude was not having our business...

We therefore cannot comment on the food , but the service and Atmosphere one of the worst we have ever encountered...

2  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Probably well suited to the caravan trippers who appear to make up the mjority of customer....the cheap sizzling meals....well you get what you pay for they say....ours wasn't good enough but we kept our camping friends company....I didn't think the ale was up to standard either....probably why it was BOGOF...!!! It is only a holiday seasonal opening place which surely says it all...!!

Reviewed 13 August 2011

Sign on the door said cash and cheques only. When shown to our table we were warned that they didn't take cards but there was an on site ATM (which charged for withdrawals) so I chose to walk back to the campsite to get my cheque book - After ordering, told they don't take cheques either, despite the sign. So the choices were to pay to use their ATM or walk to the local Londis (in the rain). This pretty much put a downer on the whole evening. What establishment, especially in hospitality, doesn't take credit or debit cards? Apparently "As they are only open 6 months a year it costs too much to take cards and anyway the owner can do what he likes..."
In that case put a big "Cash Only" sign outside instead of inconveniencing your customers. I noticed quite a few people were paying a premium to get cash out of the pub's ATM that evening so we were not the only ones who were caught short by the owner's policy.
All this aside - in summary;
Pros
The menu choice was good and the portion size and speed of service was very good.
Cons
Not a particularly nice environment. Lots of tables crammed into a large open space.
The quality was standard pub fare. It was nothing special and at inflated prices for what was offered. I had Chicken Jalfrezzi - lots of sauce but little chicken. (About half a breast worth)
The staff were a mix of welcoming and rude. (Standing in huddles chatting instead of waiting on the customers - Our bill was dropped onto our table without a word or even a glance in our general direction)
Did I mention the fact they only take cash? Make sure you take enough or you'll be tipping the ATM too.
In short - I won't be going back. I'll go to one of the much better managed pubs in Tenby.

2  Thank John_M_from_Cardiff