“great food great service”
Review of New Hedges Tavern

New Hedges Tavern
Ranked #89 of 113 Restaurants in Tenby
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Swansea County, United Kingdom
“great food great service”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

another lovely meal here staff are very friendly great service as well as a great meal overall we had a lovely family evening

• Visited June 2014

Pembroke Dock
“Fantastic food, great place.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Wonderful meal on Friday, fabulous Thai food and a very warm welcome!! Would highly recommend a visit if you are in the area. New chef so try it out!!

• Visited July 2014
Southern Wales, United Kingdom
“Delicious!!!!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

After spending many holidays over the years in the area and staying at local caravan parks the new hedges tavern has always been a number one port of call for us for food and drinks. We heard they have taken on a new chef and couldn't wait to go in to see what changes he could bring, so we decided to go for Sunday lunch and were not disappointed!! Everything was fresh, beautifully cooked and lots of it. Couldn't manage desert as too full although they sounded lovely. Can also see the menu has changed slightly from last year, but for the better! So much choice there really is something for everyone. The staff are so polite and nothing is too much trouble. Can't wait to go back in the summer!

• Visited May 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“I was told the food was cooked freshly and not FROZEN”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our last night and we decided to go out for a meal. Well how I wish we hadnt, I asked if the food was fresh or frozen, I was assured it was fresh. We ordered Ribs, Curry and 2 kids meals.
The food was served within 10 mins !! Ribs were fatty, cold and stringy, thai green curry was watery and tasted from a packet. The kids burger was burnt and cold my daughter didnt touch it.
Chips were frozen to the fryer !!
Cash isnt a problem, but the receipt had no vat number
Do yourselves a favour dont eat here

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank mel a
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Terrible food cheap fatty meat?”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My first ever review but I was so appalled by our meals I had to warn others ... Terrible food - firstly were served our meals within 5 mins of order?! The ribs came and were stone cold sent back and when arrived again were the worst meat ever seen all fat and could t be eaten, gammon was so fatty each cut was like pulling string apart disgusting . Again couldn't be eaten .. All food was cheap and cold... Considering it took less than five minutes to serve a mixed grill, two ribs gammon two child meals and lots of sides I'm thinking they may be reheating meals - terrible was told there's a new chef and was refunded two meals. There was only a handful of people in there that should have told us something! Snobby bar staff when asking for some hot water for my newborns feed I was advised we don't tend to give it out?! Waitress was lovely and actually commented I wouldn't eat it like that either!!!! Terrible place food and atmosphere avoid at all costs

• Visited April 2014