“Wedding reception” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 56 Tenby B&B and Inns
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, United Kingdom
“Wedding reception”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

After what seemed like an age the family wedding finally arrived and was an amazing event, why? well apart from the occasion, the service provided by Trefloyne from the booking of the date to the breakfast the day after the wedding was nothing short of excellent. Tom, the owner has a great style is a good communicator and was very accommodating with small changes along the way. The venue, the food, the service by staff and accommodation all allowed us to celebrate in style. Well done

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank bachgyn123
TrefloyneManor, General Manager at Trefloyne Manor, responded to this review, 23 September 2014
We enjoy doing the weddings so much here at Trefloyne and it really makes it worth while when people take the time to express their gratitude. It also makes it very enjoyable when we are dealing with relaxed people like yourselves. Look forward to seeing you all again soon. Tom Beynon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed in the linen room for a wedding on bank holiday weekend. Food was outstanding and beautifully home made and the rooms were immaculate. Such friendly staff and laid back atmosphere- a perfect venue for a summer wedding, as we enjoyed a glass of bubbly on the terrace which looks out over the stunning golf course. Will be definitely back!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review for Trefloyne. We would love to see you back soon. please call me directly for the best deal available, warmest regards Tom Beynon
Wales, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and dined on both nights. The setting is very tranquil, set next to a golf course. While not manicured to an inch of its life, it was very nice. We didn't sit out but there was garden furniture around the grounds - possibly early in the season but some of the wooden ones needed a fresh coat of varnish.
The bedroom was bright, relatively spacious and nicely furnished with quality fittings. The bathroom was very generous and came with Molton Brown toiletries - nice touch. The only gripes we had, and I hasten to add that they are minor:
- when we were out for the day, someone had emptied the bin (as they should), but then left the towels unfolded, bed unmade and not replenished the supply of long life milk (admittedly there is a sign saying that if you wanted fresh milk, get it from downstairs).
- call me a snob but when I pay decent money for a hotel, I don't expect Ikea tea cups in the bedroom. Premier Inn yes, this place possibly not.
- the other half expected bath robes. I'm unsure but I thought I'd mention it.
Dining room - very spacious with quality fittings. Variety of food on the menu, quality and quantity all excellent , as was the service. Breakfast equally superb.
Finally, for a small family run hotel, I'd expect someone to have asked us how our stay was and whether there was anything they could help with. Not this one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TrefloyneManor, Manager at Trefloyne Manor, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Here at Trefloyne we take every comment good or bad as constructive because as you have mentioned we are a small family business and it is really important that we know when things are good or bad. Before I can answer all the comments made by yourselves, could you possibly email myself at tom@trefloyne.com with your name and the date you stayed so that I can investigate the points made regarding the cleaning of the room.

I can how ever answer some of the other points.

As a local family we have always tried to support local businesses and up until recently we have always used a local shop called Jago for all of our crockery and cutlery. For the dining room we still do. The problem that we found was that the quality products that they supply were noticed by some of previous guests and a lot went missing on a regular basis as is the same with bath robes so as you can imagine for a small B&B guest accommodation like ourselves it was becoming unsustainable. We do however say in the welcome pack that if you would like some robes please request them from a member of staff.

The out side furniture has been put out early this year as we had a lovely end of March and early April and will be going through spring maintenance very shortly to bring it up to standard that it should be.

Again thank you for taking the time to review us and if you would like to come back and see us please call me directly on 01834 842165 and will sort out the best possible deal for you.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had eaten here for Sunday lunch for many happy years, and we had thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a natural progression to stay here as part of my husbands's fortieth birthday celebrations. Our recent stay proved slightly disappointing. It was a challenge for both of us to see the views of the golf course and the sunrise from our compact room, due to the lack of space and the location of the long window/balcony door. Although the view of Tenby town from the bathroom window over the orangery roof tops was lovely!
For me, the breakfast was slightly disappointing as my special dietary need requested before our stay was not fully met on the first morning, and on the second morning the bacon sandwich was cold. However, my husband enjoyed his breakfasts on all three mornings. We expected better for £100+ a night. However, the staff were friendy and apologetic. The hotel is well presented and nicely decorated. The orangery with double terrace certainly enhances the hotel. We hope to return for our much loved Sunday lunch in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TrefloyneManor, Manager at Trefloyne Manor, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you taking the time to review us on here. It is always really disappointing that as a loyal customer of Trefloyne already that you have tried a different side to the business and weren't happy with what you experienced. Here at Trefloyne we also do our upmost to accommodate any dietry requirements and it is unacceptable that they were not met. if possible please can you call me at Trefloyne so that I can find out what dates you stayed so that I can investigate all of the other issues phone number is 01834 842165 or if you wish to do it via email please email tom@trefloyne.com. Look forward to hearing from you. regards Tom Beynon
Dovercourt, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed her for my nephews wedding. We spent 3 nights in "The Loft" self catering accommodation. The standard of the accommodation was superb finished to a very high standard. The views from the balcony are quite something. The food, venue and all the staff and owners could' have been more accommodating and helpful. Everyone who attended the wedding were blown away by the venue and high standards maintained. Many said they would be returning and that includes us. If you want to find the hidden gem in Pembrokeshire then look no further. How people can give it poor reviews is beyond me, all I can say is they must have stayed in a different place to the one we experienced.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. We are working very hard to build this small family business into something special for everyone to enjoy. We would love to welcome you and your family back to Trefloyne in the near future and please feel free to contact myself directly and I will sort out the best deal possible. Again thank you for taking the time to review us.
All the best
Tom
pembrokeshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I have visited the restaurant numerous times over the past 3 or so years-the food has always been really good,the service efficient and the surroundings are stunning. However I visited recently and I was shocked how down hill the place has gone. My friend is a vegetarian and there was no option on the menu!! Awkward silence when asked if the chef could make something!! Service staff came back with one option- we got the impression it was " like it or lump it". If we hadn't drinks we would have left. Previously good Waiters and waitresses seem to have left or maybe they were not on duty on a week night! A real shame and a very disappointing experience. I hope treffloyne sort out their staff and go back to their usually high standards!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lilafeen77
TrefloyneManor, Manager at Trefloyne Manor, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
We are devastated to read that you had such a bad experience at Trefloyne. I would like to say how sorry we are. If possible please could you call me at Trefloyne on 01834 842165 so that I can investigate it more and find out who is responsible. We strive to produce the very best in service and care and try to cater for every need and it is unacceptable that this has happened. I look forward to speaking with you. Tom Beynon
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I booked a meal for 12 people last night at Trefloyne Manor for my parents' 30th Pearl Wedding Anniversary. From the moment of originally booking, to us all leaving last night, the service provided by Tom and the other members of staff were outstanding!! There was a great array of food choice on the menu and portions were of a good size. The venue is stunning. For our meal we were sat within a large glassed conservatory with lovely decor, overlooking the green acres of the golf course. We will definately be returning in the future without a doubt!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family