“Gradual decline - disappointing visit.”
Review of Mykonos Restaurant

Mykonos Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 128 Restaurants in Tenby
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Party of 4 ate there just recently. Recommended by my parents who have been regulars there for over 5 years and commented on how it's really declined. The place lacked any atmosphere last night and food was very poor.

Starters were okay, however I had the HOT starters of stuffed mushrooms which were 2 large mushrooms topped with peppers and grilled cheese. The toppings and cheese were warmish but the mushrooms were cold, freezing. Not nice! Other starters were okay.

For mains I had a stifado which was literally cubes of beef and rice, no mushrooms, peppers and onions in there as specified and it was a very watery sauce so was a very dry meal....resulting in me leaving over half of it. Kleftico was just lamb shank and frozen sliced potatoes fried which were supposed to be sautéed potatoes, they really weren't that. They were what I expect on a cheap fry up breakfast.
My parents commented that it has been rapidly declining over the last year or so and is now so poor we won't ever return. It was very expensive for what we had and we have eaten at much better quality Greek restaurants.

Beers were also very expensive for £5.50 for a bottle of keo lager and one of the bottles we had was going off in 3 days time...disgusting prices.

MykonosTenby12, Owner at Mykonos Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Restaurant. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations with your visit.

It’s only with feedback such as yours that we can get better and better. So we appreciate you helping us improve.

If you wish to visit our restaurant in the future I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Recommended to me by an old work colleague. Much appreciated he was spot on..... excellent food in a relaxed atmosphere and authentic surroundings........not a great selection of beers had to have Greek lager but it went down a treat!! Well worth a visit and I will be going back....

1  Thank Timhud
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Had a really very good meal here but the place lacked a warmth and atmosphere. The food was very good indeed both my wife and my selection was very tasty and cooked well, just as it should have been. Service was polite. Prices were ok but would rate them as averagely good value. Just feels like it needs a big warm welcome and a bit more engagement from the team to make this a bit more of an experience. Its also a bit dark and could do with a bit of brightening up. All that said the food is still very good.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Food was not as good as one would expect for the price.
Shame as this used to bemuch better.
Certainly not cheap for the standard

1  Thank Trevor S
MykonosTenby12, Manager at Mykonos Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Hidden away in the walls of Tenby its easy to walk by. The décor is a little dated and I have had warmer welcomes ,perhaps because it was a slow Sunday night ,but it felt like the staff were just going through the motions.
The food however was good and plenty of it. Homemade Tarasamalata and mousakka, were a hit with my wife, whilst my stuffed mushroom was ok and steak Dianne cooked well, if the sauce was a little too rich.
Two courses were enough so no need for desert, after a heavy weekend only one beer and a soft drink were required, so we had change from £50 for the two of us