“Great Pub with excellent food”

The Five Arches Tavern
Ranked #31 of 127 Restaurants in Tenby
Price range: US$8 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We visit Tenby quite regularly and always have a couple of meals here, you can't fault the service, always a good choice of menu, food piping hot, large portions and very good value. Staff are very attentive and nothing is to much trouble. Would definately reccomend The Five Arches.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Restaurant upstairs opens at weekends, otherwise eat in the bar. Home cooked lasagne is the best I've ever tasted!

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Food was not very tasty and service was just ok. The downstairs pub had a great atmosphere but only served food upstairs where it was cramped and boring.

1  Thank Erin H
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Nice pub from the outside but a bit grubby inside. Mediocre, unispiring pub food - not inedible, just generally not very nice. We went after reading good reviews on tripadvisor, which is why I felt compelled to write an honest review. I simply cannot understand how anyone could call the food in this place 'amazing', It just isn't. Boring, bland and badly cooked. I guess I will now recieve an irritated response from the owner saying I don't know what I'm talking about (yawn!).

1  Thank Helen G
sueTenby, Owner at The Five Arches Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Sorry to hear my pub didn't meet your expectations, for cleanliness, and you thought the food was boring, bland and badly cooked.
Its such a shame you didn't complain on the day in question, and you would have been offered a replacement meal or refund.
Please do accept my apologise on this occasion, this isn't an irritated response as you state in your review, its an apology.............
Thankyou
Sue

Reviewed 7 September 2012

My wife and I just had some Brain's Ale at this pub one evening, but had a great time chatting with a few locals about everything from Rugby, to American Football to the UK's National Health Service! Very nice and warm feel to the place...we stayed much longer than we had planned. made for a very nice evening's pleasure...yes, Brain's SA Ales is very good as well.