“friendly,cosey,lovely food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 114 Restaurants in Tenby
Price range: US$8 - US$33
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Swansea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“friendly,cosey,lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

i recently ended my tour of the welsh coast traveling with my family often we would search for a nice quiet pub for a decent family meal many of the restaurants/pubs we tried were not bad but always seemd to be a minor problem here or there we finished this mini tour in a quiet town called Tenby lovely place pretty,friendly and fealing safe with my son even though a few late nights. we pretty much stumbled accross the Five arches tavern as soon as we enterd the walls well looked like a proper pub very welcoming greeted by a young man told we could sit where we liked and was supplied with a menu. i was trying to decide what to have my wife opted for a beef dinner my son also the childrens version the barman who greeted us was cleaning a nearby table suggested i try steak and guiness pie seemed like a good idea. all three meals and drinks came to just over 20 pounds. before i even returned the cutlery condements etc were already placed on my table the barman then helped carry a drink over less then 10 minuits later 3 very generous sized meals appeard. food was outstanding all of us cleaning our plates unheard of in my house. all in all nice warm clean kept pub welcoming and very friendly and helpfull staff my only complaint was i was too full to try their "lumpy bumpy" dessert .if your ever in tenby certanly worth a try

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jjc24
sueTenby, Owner at The Five Arches Tavern, responded to this review, 16 October 2010
We are glad you enjoyed your visit to our pub.
Sue McGrath (owner)

Merseyside, England
“Lovely family pub, lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

We have just spent the last week of the summer holidays in Tenby and vistited this pub on our first evening. A waitress led us to our table and we were served immediately. The food arrived quite quickly, my husband and I had roast dinners which were delicious and the children cleaned their plates so obviosuly enjoyed theirs. We liked this pub that much that we ate there twice again during our weeks stay. Hope to see you again another year.

1 Thank cheekychoca
“While looking around for somewhere to eat...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

While looking around for somewhere to eat we stumbled upon this bar/restaurant. We went upstairs to the restaurant which looks lovely as we were after a proper 'pub' type restaurant and good pub food. We were greeted and told we could sit where we liked so we chose a nice table beside a window. The whole feel of the restaurant was that of a cosy warm pub. Our waitress was very polite and seemed very happy with her service which is brilliant to see. Very curteous and polite too. I ordered a beef dinner and my partner ordered sweet and sour chicken. Both were very generously portion and very tasty too. Food was obviously fresh. We then ordered lumpy bumpy which I hadn't tried before and again very generously portioned and it was beautiful. Left the restaurant very happy indeed and will be returning. Fabulous!

1 Thank blimpsrcool
gwent
“you may not get what you order”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

We recently visited this pub for sunday lunch, it was quite busy so the friendly staff guided us up to the restaurant. There was no highchair for our toddler as it was in use. I ordered roast chicken my husband beef. It didn't take long to arrive and was hot, the childrens meals appeared to be just reheated. My husband was unable to eat any of his meal as he said he could smell lamb and it tasted of lamb. The waitress came at the end of the meal and asked if everything was ok, my husband explained that his meal tasted of lamb and he really doesn't like lamb which is why he'd ordered beef. The waitress then spoke to cook and returned to tell us that indeed the gravy contained the juice of all the meats they cooked as she mixed them together explaining why his beef dinner smelled and tasted of lamb! Just as well he wasn't allergic!! This aside we were charged in full for 4 meals although 1 was totally inedible, not good service, and i wouldn't return there.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank loubie88
sueTenby, Owner at The Five Arches Tavern, responded to this review, 3 September 2010
really sorry to hear the incident about the gravy on your dinner, perhaps it is something we should consider writing on the menu, so people are aware the gravy is made from both beef and lamb stock, Sorry again