“What a view, friendly staff, good breakfast”
Review of Fourcroft Hotel

Fourcroft Hotel
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Reviewed 29 April 2011

We had singles on the top floor, great views across the bay towards Tenby harbour. All we needed was in the rooms, parked just behind hotel and went in via the bar to reception, the staff were helpful and friendly.
Very quiet so had a good nights sleep on comfy bed, all you could hear was the waves on the beach below.
Excellent choice for breakfast and it all tasted very nice, 5 minutes walk into town so conveniently location too.

• Stayed: April 2011
4  Thank cjdoug
There are newer reviews for Fourcroft Hotel

Reviewed 27 April 2011

My partner and I visited Tenby for our first weekend break in over 2 years.
We booked dinner at The Blue Ball and saw there was a jazz brunch on at the Fourcroft hotel. My partner is a professional jazz percussionist so we booked a table and were
looking forward to it. Unfortunately the staff didn’t realise we had never
been to the hotel before and we were left wondering what to do for a while as there was a menu on the blackboard as well as buffet. Then the choice of only three main courses was very disappointing, our meals arrived straight away before we even had a chance to try the buffet food which clearly communicated the fact that our meals were
pre-prepared. The food was awful and I can say with some confidence that I
have never been so disappointed with a meal in my life.
I had the white fish in white wine and parsley sauce with asparagus. The
fish tasted like it had been frozen first then cooked twice it was so hard,
grey and tasteless. Once I had spent the first 2 minutes picking out the
bones, the asparagus was grey too and with the slightest touch it
disintegrated into mulch. The pastry was over-cooked too, too hard to cut
into and the sauce tasted like it had come out of a packet. My partners
chicken was worse; he couldn't even cut into it the bacon covering the chicken, it was so hard. As we have both worked in restaurants we knew it had
clearly been sat under the hotplate and had been cooked before we had even
arrived at the Fourcroft. We were so unbelievably disappointed we just left,
I wanted to get as far as I could from your hotel and forget about it as
quickly too. We ended up sat on the harbour eating toasted sandwiches from a
cafe that tasted 100 times better than the food at the Fourcroft. At least
it was fresh and made to order.

Room Tip: Awful food but great sunday morning jazz
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank LauraKatePhillips
EmrysL, Owner at Fourcroft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2011

Thank you for your feedback, Ms Phillips, & I'm sorry you didn't enjoy our jazz brunch experience.

I think there is little to be gained from responding to your various points other than we're disappointed you didn't let us know of your complaints at the time. As people who have experience in hospitality, you must know how difficult it is to deal with customers' concerns after (six days after) the event; if you had mentioned them at the time then at least we would have had the opportunity of offering you alternative fare and explaining that nothing served at Fourcroft is prepared as you suggest.

Interestingly, everyone else from the audience was delighted by the event.

We'd be happy to offer you two complementary tickets to a future brunch with which we would hope to change your view of our jazz events. Perhaps you'd let us know if this would be something you might consider.

Reviewed 3 January 2011

Hotel was home from home with its cosy atmosphere and friendly, helpful but inobtrusive staff. Excellent New Year's Eve Dinner and great value for money too. Lovely views from our bedroom and tastefully decorated for the Christmas period.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tattiehead
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Stayed here New Year's Eve, for the first time. On the plus side, the room was scrupulously clean with pleasant, welcoming decor - one of the chairs was stained however, which did lose points for me. Double bed very small and too soft and for £150 per night I expect the heating to be on when we actually arrive in the room - it was really cold and a call down to reception was not really helpful. Some lovely artwork on the corridor walls but the two tone green paintwork and vile safety glass doors really institutionalise the place in my opinion.
The location was great - right above North Beach - and the staff pleasant and eager to help - a query with our bill was dealt with quickly and professionally. Breakfast was ok - my sister wasn't overly impressed with her vegetarian option but all in all there was plenty of choice and it was well cooked. A good idea though to bring a pot of coffee to the table and leave it there?
On consideration I would stay here again but I do think it very, very overpriced in terms of value for money - pleasant as it was I can't help comparing it to other places I have stayed in, just as clean and well appointed but for substantially less cost.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meimido
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Stayed at the Fourcroft for four nights. Found it great in terms of location. Tenby is a interesting little town with lots of little pubs to eat out at and enjoy some of the local beers.
The hotel rooms are comfortable and nicely equipped however the decor is getting a bit old and the cold breezes rushing in under the door when anyway opens a door in the hallway can be a bit annoying. The most dissapointing thing was that you cannot get a hot breakfast before 8 in the morning which can be a bit annoying if you need to start work early.
That being said the service of the continental breakfast was good.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Superb hosts, staff that could not have been more helpful. View from room fab and real treat is being able to take steps down private paths through lovely gardens straight to the beach, Magical. Breakfast was lovely and dining area had a nice ambiance.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank muddywulf
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Our party of twelve found the hotel delightful with excellent facilities,fantastic value for money with an excellent breakfast included. I have no diffaculty in recommending the Fourcroft to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends