“Charm, character and the perfect location”
Review of Fourcroft Hotel

Fourcroft Hotel
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Have spent four nights here I am 100% certain itll be my accomodation of choice for Tenby in the future. My main reasons being - friendly staff who make the effort to get to know you, comfy beds and good facilities, nice reasonably priced food and a really quirky characterful feel to this Grade 2 listed building.

On a more general note, the perfect antidote to the souless
fast food chain accomodation my job sometimes finds me in. If you like having the same room anywhere in the world then thats fine, but if you want a proper seaside holiday experience then its got to be the Fourcroft.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at the Fourcroft Hotel for one night on our way back to London from an Ireland road trip. The town of Tenby was a picture perfect beach town in early July (before the hoard descend upon it during the school holidays). The rooms were quite basic but clean. The Internet access was officially limited to one device per room (though techno-savvy types can figure ways around it) so a bit of a pain for ones more technologically-dependent. The staff were friendly and good local beers were on-tap beside the reception area. It was a short walk to some of the best beaches in UK, and also quite a few decent pubs/restaurants nearby. Good place to spend the night in a beautiful beach town.

Room Tip: A sea-view room should be better.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph C
EmrysL, Owner at Fourcroft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Joe, we have several wifi access options for each & every room. You only had to ask ......... now is too late for us to do anything about it!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have stayed in many hotels due to my job but none compare with this one. The location is perfect the views are second to none and the staff make you feel so welcome. The rooms are of a very high standard and the breakfast a knockout. For anyone visiting the area this place is a must.

James

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank james h
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend. Well looked after, comfortable room and good food. Had the bonus of Rhod Gilbert filming for tv programme, but even without this it was a good hotel and friendly helpful staff. We were able to take our dog, although restricted to our room, but she was much happier than staying in kennels. Will stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank david t
Reviewed 17 July 2014

First stay here at this hotel,not a lot to say about hotel that is run as it should be for the guests
( something missing from some hotels these days ) sea view room was bright and airy, the view I would like to wake to every morning,staff went out of their way to ensure we were able to park and to make our stay enjoyable. ( except her at no 10 )ha, hope they will take me back one day. Try for sea view if possible.

Disregard 6th June Review don't know where he stayed.

Room Tip: try for sea view room fantastic
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank norman d
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed one night last week whilst competing in the Long Course Weekend (a triathlon spread over three days). Single room was perfectly adequate for my needs, with a clean and comfy double bed. Bathroom was clean and shower worked well.

On advising reception staff that I would be up early on Saturday morning for the event they immediately made arrangements for an early breakfast to be laid on. As it turned out, there were a number of competitors booked into the hotel, all of whom very much appreciated this effort shown by the hotel in accommodating our needs.

On my return from Saturdays bike ride, in spite of having already checked out, I was allowed to return to the hotel to make use of their pool changing room shower before my long journey home.

I felt compelled to write this review by the excellent service, but also after reading the review left on 6th June 2014. I can assure anyone looking at to stay at The Fourcroft that they can disregard that review which is really not representative.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David P
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have just returned from a long weekend at this hotel. We booked a sea view room which was a good size, clean, had a very comfortable bed and amazing views. The hotel is a very short walk from the shops, pubs and restaurants. There was a very good choice at breakfast served by friendly staff in a light and airy room. The reception and bar staff were also very helpful and reasonable prises in the bar. We paid for the parking and had no problem parking at the back of the hotel. Hotel so welcoming we would love to come and stay again. Thank you

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple