“Sizzler scores again!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
“Sizzler scores again!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

On our return to Tenby we enjoyed yet another 'Sizzler' this dish is one of the best value meals in Tenby, and never fails to deliver. The interior of the pub provides many conversation prompts and the staff are friendly,helpful and nothing is too much trouble.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My family and I ate in this pub on the weekend of the ironman. The staff were friendly and courteous. Considering it was busy we did not wait long for the food to come. I highly recommend the sizzler, great value for money. Lovely pub, will definitely visit again in the future.

Ammanford
“No Customer Service”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My fiancee and I visited this pub on Saturday 28th September at lunchtime as we were staying in a nearby hotel on the seafront. My fiancee ordered the gammon and I ordered the Large Cod and Chips. I was told that the Cod was no longer available and was prompted to order a replacement to which I ordered the minted lamb to which we went to our designated table. Within a couple of minutes I was told by the waitress that the minted lamb was also not available which was disappointing. I then chose the chicken jalfrezi which was then ordered. After waiting approx 40 minutes for the meals my fiancee received her gammon which had obviously been cooked on an unclean griddle with the meat covered in black bits from the griddle. My fiancee who is a professional cook herself complained to the waitress who relayed the message to the chef who came out to see my fiancee. She explained the situation to the chef who did not seem to comprehend the problem and was not forthcoming with any forthcoming solutions to this complaint. He eventually took the gammon away and said he was going to replace it. After waiting another 20 minutes for the replacement the new gammon didnt look much different to the original meal and by this time I had completed my meal which was not a nice situation for my fiancee to be in. She ate approx half her meal and we left very politely vowing never to return to this pub. If there was a zero rating on this system we would have allocated that rating. Not a professional outfit whatsoever.

newport news
“a really neat pub!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stopped in Tenby on a cruise.I always look for a good Engilsh pub when in the U.K. and happened upon the Lifeboat so gave it a try. A really neat Pub to say the least. Had lunch of fish and chips and a pint. It was a slow time in the day so had no problem with getting a table or service.Food was excellent and so was the waitstaff. Try it if you get a chance-you'll like it!

haverfordwest
“Reasonably priced.”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We ate here on Ironman Sunday. We didnt have a problem getting a table and there were 6 of us. Two of us had the Chilli Grande Nachos and werent prepared for the size of them! One between us would have been enough. The staff could have been a bit happier but cant complain as they weren't rude. One word of warning, they don't take cards. We generally drink here on a night out so we knew that it is more of a bar, but the food was nice and reasonably good value.