“Love this park”

Heatherton World of Activities
Ranked #3 of 43 things to do in Tenby
More attraction details
Owner description: A World Adventure for all ages. Over 25 activities all on one site, with a mixture of Family-fun, kids-adventure, adrenaline and relaxing activities on offer - providing fun for all of the family. Located in the heart of Pembrokeshire on the B4318. Free Admission, Dog Friendly and Open all year.
Tenby, Wales, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this park”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I live nearby and visit often. They offer archery, pistol shooting, bumper boats, walk-on-water, golf, crazy golf, baseball, go-karting, a maze, paint balling and loads more including the awesome tree-tops trial and Sky Tower (obstacle courses)

The staff are all friendly and helpful. It's a great day out for a decent price, and I'd recommend it to any tourist visiting the area.

1 Thank Kristen-Anne B

Newcastle upon tyne
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great day”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The only reason this hasnt got 5 stars is because it was a bit too busy and at times you had to que apart from that great!

Visited September 2013
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Excellent activity centre”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great day out. Lots for the girls to do and it was nice for once to go to a park activity where you don't get hammered for the price of a ticket just to watch them. Well done Heatherton other parks should take a leaf out of your book.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“full of fun”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

heatherton is like a good friend, you can always rely on, did it all pistol shooting, archery, even did the zip wire, teenage sons pursuaded me to do paintballing, owch watch your back it hurts, and thats just your pride, when you've been shot by a 13year old, but 4 games and nearly 3 hours later, the band of brothers limped home, to compare bruises, stick to the crazy golf if you dont like being shot, i'll being going back year after year.

Neath, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Love heatherton - hate dog poo”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

As a family I and the rest of the clan really enjoy every year we come as it has become a bit of a tradition to visit at least once during the summer holidays for the last twenty years or so, before me and the wife had kids even.
The tickets are spot on with the amount available as a package and it's nice to see the attraction grow with more things to do and see each time we visit.
However his time as we were about to buy our tickets from the booth I noticed quite a bit of dog poo just by the hatch and most of the family in front stepped in it, ewwwgh! The mother was wearing flip flops and it was disgusting! Now I realise that this is a family attraction and yes you can bring your dog which is quite sweet really but I couldn't understand why there were no dog mess bins and signs up? I didn't see the dog poop but I had my suspicions with thrower and dog close by so I reported this to the girl who served me. She obviously doesn't like confrontation and didn't bat an eyelid and just carried on serving whilst others stepped in it. After about five minutes someone did come out and clean up but this was too late. People will wait to be served and will be understanding if there's a problem but people (me) will not tolerate poor hygiene standards and vote with their feet by not coming back. I for one won't be until I see this improve. It costs nothing really and surely the local councils' EHO's would give advice on this. Don't people realise the germs and disease in dogs faeces can seriously harm you and your children perhaps even causing blindness.
Also, they have a food outlet called The Sizzler Barbecue with no sign of any barbecued food in sight, just deep fried burgers, nuggets n chips. Wouldn't it be nice to actually have what the name entails, I'm sure they'd certainly make a killing with corn on the cob, slaw and ribs. Not quick to cook but with a little prep and the right equipment it would certainly be easier, fresher and tastier.
Sorry Heatherton, I really like your place and I feel bad for the review but that is what it is and I can only go by my experience and what I see. Hopefully you'll take heed and at least look at the dog situation?

1 Thank dean w
Simon H, Manager at Heatherton World of Activities, responded to this review, 7 October 2014
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to review Heatherton. We appreciate both negative and positive feedback in the process of improving the park.

We have a dog friendly policy on site, that works really well with families, as dogs do not have to be left in the car or in kennels, during it's families visit. I can speak personally on the matter of the dog poo incident, as I was unfortunately the Manager who had to deal with the cleaning up of the mess that a customer, disgracefully left. We have numerous bins around the park at all locations, which serve a purpose of disposing of rubbish and dog poo in this instance.

I am sorry that it did take me a few minutes - but I had to retrieve the cleaning materials to clear the mess, but the matter was dealt with instantly and I can only apologise for the behaviour of the customer in question and the time it took to clean up the mess.

We are looking into the dog situation and going to introduce a 'Dogs World' station, where there are dog bins, bags and water bowls, for Summer 2015.

I hope that you return to us in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Kindest Regards