“Terrible - avoid”

Chinatown
Ranked #61 of 112 Restaurants in Tenby
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newport
“Terrible - avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have tried to put this review through before, but the powers that be must have had it removed(?) but here goes another try.

Anyway, my partner and I were both incredibly ill with food poisoning after sharing a chow mein from here. I have never gotten ill from food before and I am 100% certain it was from this place (we hadn't eaten since a sandwich at lunchtime, and we got takeaway from here at around 10pm - we were both violently ill around half an hour later). I would especially be careful if you have children or are with older people. I am a genuine TA user (check out my other reviews) and I never leave particularly bad feedback, but this place completely spoiled the end of an otherwise amazing weekend.

I'll be reporting to the Food Standards Authority, so even if this gets taken down, hopefully something will be done.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Katie G

Shanghai, China
“Not for native Chinese”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Recommended by a friend whose friend used to work at this restaurant. Staff is very nice and the interior deco was artistic. But have to say the food is only good for the locals. Basically they all tasted the same, no matter it was done with oyster oil or soya bean oil or kongbao or whatever. And somehow, the kitchen seemed next to the dinning area and we could feel the smoke when dishes were being prepared.

• Visited April 2014
Bridgend
“FAB FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Best Chinese we have had lovely and clean staff very helpful and nothing was to much trouble. Prices very reasonable would eat here again.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank barbarathomas7
Caerphilly
“Some nice dishes...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

It's only a small restaurant with tired decor. The atmosphere was pretty flat because it was out of season and very quiet (even though it was a Friday evening). Some of the staff really didn't want to be there.

I particularly enjoyed the Hot and Sour Soup for Starter. The mixed starter (2 small ribs, 2 mini spring rolls, seaweed, 2 small pieces of prawn toast) wasn't very good value for money. The Lettuce Wraps were not nice at all - limp lettuce with an unusual taste / texture to the filling.

For main course the Crispy Chicken (literally deep fried Crispy Chicken!) was a surprise but I actually enjoyed it. Had the usual King Prawn Curry, Cantonese Steak Sizzler (which was nice), King Prawn in Ginger and Spring Onion, Noodles etc.

Overall, it wasn't the cheapest nor the nicest Chinese that I've ever been to - but it was okay.

• Visited March 2014
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

we ve been here numerous times food and staff very good we were the only ones in last night so had the resturant to our selfs .music was soft and very relaxing .will def keep going here .

• Visited February 2014