“Cramping.... not camping” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Manorbier Country Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tenby
Manorbier Country Park
Ranked #3 of 18 Speciality Lodging in Tenby
Stourport-on-Severn, United Kingdom
“Cramping.... not camping”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed in our touring caravan in July of this year. On arrival, everyone seemed very friendly and helpful and the site, which is a mixture of static caravans and touring and camping pitches. However, we were very disappointed to see that the tourers were really crammed in! We we very tightly packed in rows, which we struggled to manoeuvre our 5 berth caravan and Land Rover Discovery into. In fact the people opposite us (who were lovely) had to move all of their chairs & tables out of the way, so that we could get into our space! It was a nice site, but I think not really worthy of 5 * and because of the fact that we were all crammed in we won't be staying there again... sorry

• 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank krees69

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have visited this park with my touring caravan and have also stayed in a static caravan when my tourer needed repair and I can honestly say I do not understand why some people can fault this place. I have read a few negative reviews that people have written (i must point out that the majority are excellent) and deservadly so. Ok so my experiences are as follows:-

The touring section is very well kept,clean and in a beautiful location. The toilet block is very clean and well looked after. Washing area very good and cleaned regularly, I stayed in my tourer for 3 weeks last summer and I must say I had an amazing time, yes there are children playing and enjoying themselves but it is a holiday park after all, which is exactly what most people with children want. I could not fault any of the staff, very helpful and could not do enough for me, my husband and 3 children. Entertainment, club etc first class, restaurant very good value and good food too. Tip try the pizza, amazing.

We enjoyed last summer in our tourer that much that we booked to go again this summer, but unfortunately our tourer was damaged two weeks before we were due to go, I rang the park spoke to reception and they went out of their way to book us into a static caravan, rather than have to cancel and lose the monies we had paid. So we have just returned from a 2 week stay in one of their Platinum caravans, amazing, it was spotlessly clean. The indoor swimming pool is a huge bonus and my children were in there every day, it meant they were happy and I was very happy too relaxed on the patio with my drink. I must say a very big thank you to you all at Manorbier Country Park, and to tell you that you all do an amazing job. Will see you again very soon. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Worth paying little extra for platinum
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Bridget D
Rhyl, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

i seem to get my review removed presumably by the "holiday park"?? who knows ? we visited last year camping, we were put by the play park - not a problem i have 2 young children, but when they are constantly pushed around by the yobs that work there that like kicking balls against tents, swearing shouting and generally being a pain in the backside. when we were there one child was pushed off the play area and rushed to hospital with a broken arm.

Went to security who basically said theres nothing they can do, the kids were playing in the toilet block, ruined our holiday with no apologies .

what ever you do dont waste your money

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank brynwill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Well after my stay at Manobier country park I must say that it was excellent the staff were friendly and extremely helpful it was very clean and Tidy the entertainment was fab wit lots going on such as kids club,quiz nites,games for all ages,disco and karaoke, I would highly recommend this park and guarantee u will have a fab time :)

2 Thank Candyedwards
Newport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Just arrived back from five wonderful days at manorbier, the place not so much the park. We did have a very good time although there are a few negs first of all we had a gold caravan number. 99 (gold) which was right by club house swimming pool etc,although it was quite clean bed linen was left but no beds made up cooker did not work properly not many cups cooking equipment etc. There was no dryer to hang out the window for wet clothes and the van was so close was very noisy late at night. Swimming pool had no life guard and there where a lot of older kids from owner caravans to rowdy and rough and spoiling it for every one else and it wasn't that clean anyway both my children where ill after going in think they need to check it more often as there were a hell a lot of people using it at any one time.Entertainment was good each night with kids dancing between happy hour 6.30 to 7.30 cheaper drinks followed by quiz which was spoiled by people who go a lot knowing all the answers and winning all the time bingo was fun with good cash prizes although thought that it was a bit much that jo and matt the entertainers where the main act twice out of our week singing on separate nights who were both just ok nice park over all but much nicer places to stay in such a lovely place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

would like to thank bailey and his fabulous family for the wonderful time we had at manorbier .we were given a fabulous welcolme and our caravan was of a very high standard . the park was in a beautiful location and what with the weather we had we felt we were abroad . we would recommend this lovely place to all our friends and cant wait to return . thank you to Bailey junior who made sure we had a great breakfast served with banter and a smile each morning x see you soon all you fine people of manorbier x

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Diane G
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed here with my boyfriend in a caravan (gold) the weekend just gone as an early birthday surprise, and was quite let down for the amount we payed for 3 nights, on the phone we were told that we would have patio, outisde table and chairs and a hairdryer in the room and a bbq, but first of all we had no tv remote until the second night, also when we checked in we had to pay £10 desposit with cash as they dont accept card and I had no cash on me as they did not state there was a deposit to pay over the phone or on their website so I was financially embarrased, we were the only caravan among all the others by us without a patio, outside table and chairs or bbq, the rest had them even the caravan next to us, it states it had a heated jacuzzi however when we got in it was freezing cold and the water was dirty and scummy. After the bar closed at 11, we decided to get some food and the man working on the burger van on site, tried to con us by not giving us enough change when we gave him a twenty pound note and we luckily noticed and told him, and then he gave us our change without apologising, In the rooms they looked clean to start with but I pulled the curtain back to see and old dead squished moth on the curtains from whoever was the before so it hadnt been cleaned, and there was brown stains on the netting and mould on the windowsill and the grill on the cooker didnt work very well so we had to fry everything at the reception the staff were rude and unhelpful, the only time we noticed really friendly and welcoming staff as it says in reviews on here, was when we were buying drinks from the bar. Wont be coming back, on a positive note the entertainment is very good for families with young children/toddlers

3 Thank louise199320