“Lovely Hotel, Lovely Place and Lovely People”
Review of Heywood Spa Hotel

and 1 more site!
Heywood Spa Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel, Lovely Place and Lovely People”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here 05.12.13 to 07.12.13 and we had an amazing time!! the four poster bed room (Richard Nash Suite) was awesome and the Jacuzzi bath in our room was AMAZING!!! didn't use the spa in the hotel as figured why bother when I have one in my room that I can drink wine in lol!!! the staff were lovely (if on the sparse side though it was mid week) we didn't eat evening meals in the hotel as there are so many lush places to eat in Tenby!! the normandie, the buccaneer inn and the hope and anchor are well nice and reasonably priced :) Tenby itself is full of kitsch shops in which I spent a small fortune and I even visited the butchers before I came home to stock up on local pork and mutton!! the breakfasts which we did eat in the hotel were delicious! none of it is buffet style (I don't see this as a negative as some do on here) which for me is a massive plus! the waiter staff cant do enough for you and don't mind you asking for more of things. I would return here in heartbeat and cant wait to visit you guys again :)

Room Tip: the Richard Nash room was lush! but the room next to us had a balcony so ask for that if you fancy i...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gracie114

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Pembroke
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I booked this hotel for a Christmas party including accommodation. I felt from the moment I booked back in January to the party in December the whole event was very disorganised. I had received no emails or receipts to show any deposits made, so on leaving and paying my bill, I was charged for the full amount until I pointed out what had already been paid.
I was never given any information about arrival or meal times, when enquiring about this I was told that it would all be in the `party pack` which I never received.
I was also told that there would be a log fire , where we could sit around with pre dinner drinks,
not only was there no fire but a member of the staff said , "who told you that ?" that they have not lit that fire for years !
Food was average, although the rooms were very nice I will not be recommending this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
South Wales
Reviewed 2 December 2013

TenbyandDistrict LionsClub enjoyed a superb dinner meeting at Heywood Mount hotel on Monday 25th November 2013. Excellent presentation, value, service and awesome food. Thank you to all staff both front of house and kitchen for one of our most enjoyable dinner meetings ever. Like I said, great value but no compromises on quality!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank BlueboySouthWales
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We booked in on a KGB 3 night deal, and stayed in a normal room. It was fine with small flat screen TV, and air con to take the chill out of the room. Had meals on Friday and Sunday, both were good and great value if you opt for the £22.00 deal. There was only 2 staff on and what we thought was the head waiter, was really friendly, and accomodating. My partner is a veggy, and the chef and waiter ensured her salmon dishes were top notch. She is really fussy, and to have the same meal on both nights shows how good it was! Couple of down sides, a bit far to walk to town in autumn/winter, and the bar was dead, seemed to be only a few residents using it. Saturday night was out as a wedding party took over.
Would we go back, yes if another good 3 night deal came up ,but not at full advertised price.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nikonpictures
South Yorks
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and myself stayed at Heywood Mount for 4 nights for my husband's 50th birthday. The staff were lovely and the food excellent. But, we upgraded to a four-poster room and this is where we were let down. The 'exclusive' toiletries that were promised were partly used when we arrived and not replaced during our stay there. The bathrobes promised with the upgrade were not existent and the bathroom had ha huge black damp patch on the ceiling. What disappointed us was that we had paid extra for a bit of luxury and did not get it. The spa was adequate when we were eventually able to use it. The pool apparently should be a constant temperature of 28 but it was no way near this. It was far too cold to even get in. On our last full day the pool eventually was warm enough to swim in and the jacuzzi was working.

Would I stay again? No, we paid ofr 4 star luxury but only got 3 star.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gwendolina44
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Lovely stay. Pleasant staff, great honeymoon suite - (try the whirlpool bath!) And if staying, make sure you have a meal here. Beautiful. Really made the stay. Didn't visit the Spa suite, but from what I saw it looked very adequate. On a summers day it would be a beautiful walk down into Tenby Town, where there is plenty for everyone.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dave T
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

My fiance and myself stayed here for 2 nights and were very happy with everything especially the food. All the staff were warm and welcoming. We ate in the restaurant both nights and were not disappointed with anything the food was cooked to perfection and well worth £22 for 3 courses. The room was lovely very well cleaned and comfy.
The only negative thing we would say about this hotel was the state of the decor, it was nice but definitely needed redecorating, there were parts of the wall where the paper was starting to come away from the wall and in the bedroom there were marks on the wall where the door had been hitting the wall, but that was about it. On the whole it was a nice hotel and a really nice break.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tenby
Broadmead Boutique B&B
#11 of 23 in Tenby
St Brides Spa Hotel
St Brides Spa Hotel
#1 of 5 in Saundersfoot

Been to Heywood Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!