“good and bad”
Review of Heywood Spa Hotel

Heywood Spa Hotel
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here 20 and 21 Dec in the Richard Nash Suite, which was lovely. We had a king size four poster bed and the room was a good size with a jacuzzi, which unfortunately, we couldnt get to work. The heating was via an air conditioning unit which was quite noisy. On returning to our room after a day out, we found that it had not been cleaned, bed made or coffee replenished. Also, our card keys had been cancelled so would not open the door. We reported the problem to reception, who apologised, but as the manager was unavailable, either then or next day on check out, no recompense was offered. Breakfast was cooked to order, but the welsh breakfast option was not available as apparently the fishmonger had not yet delivered the lava bread, which considering it was gone 9am and breakfast finished at 10, was very disappointing. The other breakfast options were very good though. Drinks from the bar were very expensive, and the seating area lacked ambiance. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The decor is very dated and remains in the 1980s, but it is very clean and tidy. This hotel is about 1 mile from the town, therefore a taxi is neccessary for a night out, although they did only charge £4 eachway. The hotel itself has ample free carparking. We stayed here on a KGB deal, but would not do so if we had to pay the standard room rate.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We just had our wedding at the Heywood mount, We cannot thank the staff enough for their help in organising our wedding. The food was of a high standard and plentiful. The Suite we had for our wedding night was very clean and of a high standard. all staff was friendly and very helpful.

2  Thank si1971
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here 05.12.13 to 07.12.13 and we had an amazing time!! the four poster bed room (Richard Nash Suite) was awesome and the Jacuzzi bath in our room was AMAZING!!! didn't use the spa in the hotel as figured why bother when I have one in my room that I can drink wine in lol!!! the staff were lovely (if on the sparse side though it was mid week) we didn't eat evening meals in the hotel as there are so many lush places to eat in Tenby!! the normandie, the buccaneer inn and the hope and anchor are well nice and reasonably priced :) Tenby itself is full of kitsch shops in which I spent a small fortune and I even visited the butchers before I came home to stock up on local pork and mutton!! the breakfasts which we did eat in the hotel were delicious! none of it is buffet style (I don't see this as a negative as some do on here) which for me is a massive plus! the waiter staff cant do enough for you and don't mind you asking for more of things. I would return here in heartbeat and cant wait to visit you guys again :)

Room Tip: the Richard Nash room was lush! but the room next to us had a balcony so ask for that if you fancy i...
1  Thank Gracie M
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I booked this hotel for a Christmas party including accommodation. I felt from the moment I booked back in January to the party in December the whole event was very disorganised. I had received no emails or receipts to show any deposits made, so on leaving and paying my bill, I was charged for the full amount until I pointed out what had already been paid.
I was never given any information about arrival or meal times, when enquiring about this I was told that it would all be in the `party pack` which I never received.
I was also told that there would be a log fire , where we could sit around with pre dinner drinks,
not only was there no fire but a member of the staff said , "who told you that ?" that they have not lit that fire for years !
Food was average, although the rooms were very nice I will not be recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2013

TenbyandDistrict LionsClub enjoyed a superb dinner meeting at Heywood Mount hotel on Monday 25th November 2013. Excellent presentation, value, service and awesome food. Thank you to all staff both front of house and kitchen for one of our most enjoyable dinner meetings ever. Like I said, great value but no compromises on quality!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BlueboySouthWales
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We booked in on a KGB 3 night deal, and stayed in a normal room. It was fine with small flat screen TV, and air con to take the chill out of the room. Had meals on Friday and Sunday, both were good and great value if you opt for the £22.00 deal. There was only 2 staff on and what we thought was the head waiter, was really friendly, and accomodating. My partner is a veggy, and the chef and waiter ensured her salmon dishes were top notch. She is really fussy, and to have the same meal on both nights shows how good it was! Couple of down sides, a bit far to walk to town in autumn/winter, and the bar was dead, seemed to be only a few residents using it. Saturday night was out as a wedding party took over.
Would we go back, yes if another good 3 night deal came up ,but not at full advertised price.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nikonpictures
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and myself stayed at Heywood Mount for 4 nights for my husband's 50th birthday. The staff were lovely and the food excellent. But, we upgraded to a four-poster room and this is where we were let down. The 'exclusive' toiletries that were promised were partly used when we arrived and not replaced during our stay there. The bathrobes promised with the upgrade were not existent and the bathroom had ha huge black damp patch on the ceiling. What disappointed us was that we had paid extra for a bit of luxury and did not get it. The spa was adequate when we were eventually able to use it. The pool apparently should be a constant temperature of 28 but it was no way near this. It was far too cold to even get in. On our last full day the pool eventually was warm enough to swim in and the jacuzzi was working.

Would I stay again? No, we paid ofr 4 star luxury but only got 3 star.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple