“Very Friendly, Clean and Welcoming.”
Review of Heywood Spa Hotel

and 1 more site!
Heywood Spa Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
SE wales
“Very Friendly, Clean and Welcoming.”
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We booked on one of the hotels late offers, and I have to say had great value for money, we then paid an extra £30 per couple and had the Table de hote evening meal. All in all we had a great stay, as when we arrived we discovered that we had one of the four poster/ double jacuzzi rooms. Admittedly im sure we wouldn't have been so lucky mid season. The staff were very good, polite and accomodating to our requirements. Food was good. We also had the leisure facilities to ourselves. Rooms were very clean and well equipped. After paying a lot more money to stay at Lamphey last year, I am now converted and would want to stay anywhere else in Tenby, Will definately go back!
* * * *

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Spannabanana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
coventry
Reviewed 31 August 2009

A little way out of Tenby but we enjoyed the walk into town. The breakfasts were good. We paid £180 per night and had high expectations at that price. TV didnt work due to problems with the receiving station. However, the hotel didnt t warn us, they just left us to spend 20 minutes trying to make it work, then told us afterwards when we complained. It was the only hotel in our Welsh trip where no one asked if we wanted help with our luggage (my partner has just had a hip replacement.) Worse of all, I asked the reception to post some letters for me last Tuesday, first class, one of them was particularly urgent. They assured me they would go the same day. I went to the reception two days later and I saw my letters still there in a pile. If you want to charge these kind of prices, you need to offer an appropriate level of service.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank helencoventry
Kassel
Reviewed 29 August 2009

I went to the Heywood Mount to join a course. The hotel was booked on a package by the course provider for 4 nights, the course and lunches were also taken at the hotel.
Overall the hotel was okay, but service level was poor. The room was clean and spacious. There were large towels offered in sufficient quantity.
In my room the toilet didn´t flush properly (wasn´t attended to at all), the soap basin was down from the wall and the TV didn´t work (was repaired on the third day, but the receiving was so bad, I couldn´t bare to watch). At least one other person on the course had broken bathroom facilities, which were not attended to.
The quality of the lunch offered was simple (sandwiches) and although there were at least 3 vegetarians preannounced out of the 8 people staying, mainly focussed on meat. There were no biscuits offered to go with the tea /coffee served with the breaks, on the second day people participating in the course and living locally brought in some biscuits, still none supplied on the coming breaks.
The spa facilities offered were small, the pool could be crossed within two strokes, though not really suited for swimming.
Also the staff seemed to be desperate to earn money, although I had announced on arrival, that I was staying for three nights only, they insisted on charging the amount for the four nights booked.
I´ve been to worse places, but the service offered didn´t make it a great experience around.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
UK
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Such a great hotel I'm glad I found it! The rooms are very clean and tidy and are a good size too. They have all the amenities and services you would expect and the room service is excellent - free wifi is also a great bonus that will make me go back to this hotel on business again and again. The leisure facilities are also good and it is about a 15min walk into Tenby. The food in Tenby in genral is expensive so if you think the hotel is expensive.......it really isn't! The food is absolutely excellent in my opinion and the breakfast just as good. I really don't have a bad thing to say about this hotel only that they should shut the door of the bar in the evening as the noise did travel up to the rooms. Also stop the smokers from hanging around outside the front of the hotel as this also diturbed me in my room and at breakfast the juice and cereals should be help yourself! Very minor complaints though to be honest and apart from that it's a GREAT hotel and I will be returning both for business and pleasure!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Intel1980
Liverpool
Reviewed 22 March 2009

A stay at Stalag 17 would be preferable to recommending this hotel. The TV remotes didn't work, there were no bathrobes in the rooms (despite the adverts saying there would be), an overpriced mini bar with a poor selection and even if you wanted something there was no cork screw or bottle opener to be found. Children under 3 cannot go into the Spa, but having seen the spa I am grateful for that as it is small, dated and defies the meaning of a relaxing place to unwind. The ** welcome ** book in the room has more rules in it than any 2nd world war prison camp. The location is poor with terrible visibility when leaving the premise onto the road, and is, in my opinion an accident waiting to happen. Additionally there are no footpaths for a good couple of hundred metres when departing the hotel therefore leaving those with children at risk of speeding motorists when taking an evening walk into town, which by the way is a good up and down hill walk of 25 minutes. The prices and food are expensive and the hotel whilst charging £180 per night delivers a third rate service.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank casanundra
Swansea
Reviewed 3 March 2009

We stayed at the Heywood for a much needed break in February. The hotel does seem to be in need of a bit of a refresh. Our room was fine except for the fact that there was no toilet seat and the mini- bar was far from being well stocked. It was however very clean.

It is obvious that the hotel is trying to get in to the fine dining category and overall we would give it good marks for trying ( A tip - make your own desserts and don't use shop bought items unless you really have too). Presentation was very good but the waitress service was irritating by being obviously over-the-top, especially as she appeared completely disinterested. Breakfast was good but I would strongly recommend not employing a waitress who messes up the sunday breakfast service by still being hung-over ( her own words) - not very professional.

Atmosphere in the "lounge" was to say the least sterile. A couple of faux leather chairs does not make for a great environment. Drink prices were reasonable.

I would also expect a hotel in this day and age to have more than the basic channels available on the TVs.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MartynJSwansea
Swansea
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Me & my partner stayed at the Heywood Mount for St Valentines Day. We booked 2 nights in the 4 poster room (the double jacuzzi bath was fantastic) The stay included 2 candle lit dinners, breakfast, full use of spa, bottle of wine and flowers delivered to the room on Valentines Day itself. What amazing value for money - We felt like we were treated like royalty. The food was outstanding, me and my partner often eat out but there food here really was something else. The presentation, taste, etc was just out of this world. Was a lovely touch having the wine & flowers delivered to the room - really made it a special day. The waitresses/waiter were so polite and couldnt do enough for you - you were never kept waiting for your food even on Valentines night itself when they were very busy.

Cant wait to come back here, hopefully in the summer. I suggest the Heywood Mount should do more deals like this throughout the year - I would definately go back!!

First class service and I am already recommending it to my friends/work mates

• Liked — Food & Rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Vicky_swansea85