“Great quality hotel at a great price”
Review of Heywood Spa Hotel

and 1 more site!
Heywood Spa Hotel
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Great quality hotel at an excellent location. Close enough to walk into town but far enough out to avoid the crowds.
We were upgraded for free to a room with a four-poster bed, jacuzzi bath and air conditioning. Even offered to carry our bags the ten yards to the room.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and everything was done to ensure guests had a good stay. Breakfast was excellent, if a little slow but that would be a minor grumble.
Spa was good quality with a well equipped gym, swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi.
All in all, worthy of its four star rating. The hotel is well run, well maintained and with some minor touches could be a five star.

There are newer reviews for Heywood Spa Hotel

Reviewed 22 February 2010

We went back to Tenby having been there 25 years ago for our honeymoon. The hotel was lovely, food to a high standard and lovely service from Shani and David. It took 15 mins to walk to the town, although up and down a hill, was easy and worth it for the quality of the hotel. We did not use the swimming pool although it looked clean, but small.
The only negative was the pillows, they were hard and flat.

Reviewed 15 February 2010

We have just returnd from a three day valentines break at the heywood Mount and we had a fantastic time.
The room was very spacious , clean, well equipped and very comfy! We had the four poster room with the jacuzzi bath!
We had the spa facilites to our selves the first day, the pool is a decent size, the gym well equipped though a little hot. I couldn't work the air con!Fresh towells provided on each visit by reception ! the spa area was also kept very clean
Our package included dinner each evening, the first evening was a three corse meal, saturday and sunday was five courses and the food was excellent, it far exceeded our expectations, the restaurant was also busy with non residents. Breakfast was again excellent and a huge choice.

The staff were very helpful, polite and nothing was too much trouble. They maintained a professional attitude at all times.

We had an excellent weekend and will definitely go back!

Reviewed 12 October 2009

We booked on one of the hotels late offers, and I have to say had great value for money, we then paid an extra £30 per couple and had the Table de hote evening meal. All in all we had a great stay, as when we arrived we discovered that we had one of the four poster/ double jacuzzi rooms. Admittedly im sure we wouldn't have been so lucky mid season. The staff were very good, polite and accomodating to our requirements. Food was good. We also had the leisure facilities to ourselves. Rooms were very clean and well equipped. After paying a lot more money to stay at Lamphey last year, I am now converted and would want to stay anywhere else in Tenby, Will definately go back!
* * * *

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Spannabanana
Reviewed 31 August 2009

A little way out of Tenby but we enjoyed the walk into town. The breakfasts were good. We paid £180 per night and had high expectations at that price. TV didnt work due to problems with the receiving station. However, the hotel didnt t warn us, they just left us to spend 20 minutes trying to make it work, then told us afterwards when we complained. It was the only hotel in our Welsh trip where no one asked if we wanted help with our luggage (my partner has just had a hip replacement.) Worse of all, I asked the reception to post some letters for me last Tuesday, first class, one of them was particularly urgent. They assured me they would go the same day. I went to the reception two days later and I saw my letters still there in a pile. If you want to charge these kind of prices, you need to offer an appropriate level of service.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank helencoventry
Reviewed 29 August 2009

I went to the Heywood Mount to join a course. The hotel was booked on a package by the course provider for 4 nights, the course and lunches were also taken at the hotel.
Overall the hotel was okay, but service level was poor. The room was clean and spacious. There were large towels offered in sufficient quantity.
In my room the toilet didn´t flush properly (wasn´t attended to at all), the soap basin was down from the wall and the TV didn´t work (was repaired on the third day, but the receiving was so bad, I couldn´t bare to watch). At least one other person on the course had broken bathroom facilities, which were not attended to.
The quality of the lunch offered was simple (sandwiches) and although there were at least 3 vegetarians preannounced out of the 8 people staying, mainly focussed on meat. There were no biscuits offered to go with the tea /coffee served with the breaks, on the second day people participating in the course and living locally brought in some biscuits, still none supplied on the coming breaks.
The spa facilities offered were small, the pool could be crossed within two strokes, though not really suited for swimming.
Also the staff seemed to be desperate to earn money, although I had announced on arrival, that I was staying for three nights only, they insisted on charging the amount for the four nights booked.
I´ve been to worse places, but the service offered didn´t make it a great experience around.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Such a great hotel I'm glad I found it! The rooms are very clean and tidy and are a good size too. They have all the amenities and services you would expect and the room service is excellent - free wifi is also a great bonus that will make me go back to this hotel on business again and again. The leisure facilities are also good and it is about a 15min walk into Tenby. The food in Tenby in genral is expensive so if you think the hotel is expensive.......it really isn't! The food is absolutely excellent in my opinion and the breakfast just as good. I really don't have a bad thing to say about this hotel only that they should shut the door of the bar in the evening as the noise did travel up to the rooms. Also stop the smokers from hanging around outside the front of the hotel as this also diturbed me in my room and at breakfast the juice and cereals should be help yourself! Very minor complaints though to be honest and apart from that it's a GREAT hotel and I will be returning both for business and pleasure!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Intel1980
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tenby
Broadmead Boutique B&B
#11 of 23 in Tenby
St Brides Spa Hotel
St Brides Spa Hotel
#1 of 5 in Saundersfoot

Been to Heywood Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!