“prime location”

The Coach Guest House
Ranked #5 of 52 Tenby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This B & B is in an ideal location for the North beach, shops, pubs and restuarants. There are 3 sandy beaches all in easy reach from the Coach house. We had room 2 and it had a deep cast iron bath. Our bedroom was at the back so there was no road noise yet on the first night my husband did have to go downstairs to tell the owners to be quiet. Not a good ideal for disabled people as there are steps outside and the breakfast room is downstairs also. The breakfast were large and Jackie the owner couldn't do enough for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hayley s
There are newer reviews for The Coach Guest House

Reviewed 17 March 2013

we turned up here on a Saturday morning asking for a room for the night and we werent disappointed. It was £60 for a double room. We had room 2 and it was lovely and warm, the bed was the most comfortable we'd slept in and there was a lovely big bath with lots of very hot water. The breakfast was delicious, we had the full English but therr were plenty of other choices. The owner was very polite and very helpful. WE will definitely stay there again later on this year.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I rarely write reviews for anything, but felt this place deserved one due to the wonderful stay myself and my wife had here.

I booked a 3 night stay at the Coach House in Tenby as I was taking part in Ironman Wales. I booked several months in advance by sending a cheque with a deposit, and exchanged emails with the lovely owner, Jackie, about my specific needs. For example, Jackie allowed myself and all the other guests (who were competing in the Ironman triathlon) to keep our bikes in our rooms rather than our cars. She also personally directed me to the car park across the road (rather than through email or phone).

The location is brilliant, minutes away from the centre of the town and two fabulous beaches, and the car park opposite the B&B is secure and convenient (and included in the price). Breakfast was brilliant with a wonderful selection of fruit juices, pastries, cereals and cooked breakfast options. Jackie also put breakfast on at 4:30am on the Sunday morning due to the early start of the Ironman, following that up with a 9.30am breakfast for the other guests who were not taking part in the event.

My room I shared with my wife and it was just perfect. Spacious, clean, comfortable and modern. The bathroom was a good size and the bed comfortable. What more could you really want?!

I have no negative comments to say about this place. One minor, minor thing I would like to comment on is that you cannot pay by card, so while this was no problem to me, it might be an inconvenience to those who intend to pay by card on departure. ATM machines are close by but I am so tuned to using my card at the point of sale!

All in all a fabulous stay. If I compete in Ironman Wales again or find myself in Tenby, I will be coming back to the Coach House for sure. Jackie is a wonderful, accomodating host who really made our stay memorable.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are spacious and very comfortable!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Looj86
Reviewed 31 August 2012

The coach House locations ideal for exploring the town on foot, being 5mins away.
Parking seems to be at a premium in Tenby so the private barrier operated car park opposite with spaces for coach house residents is great ie no worries about getting a space after a drive out etc. Jackie & staff were welcoming & friendly & our room was clean and comfortable.
The breakfasts were excellent and the service was spot on. The Coach House offers good value for money coupled with a top locations. Hope to to return again.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Firstly, I want to apologise to jackie, as I did not have chance to thank her personally for our fantastic stay( rushed off between heavy downpours!)
Our room was on the ground floor, it was lovely and clean, well planned out, and very comfortable.
Our rate was £60 prpn, what a bargain!!!
Cant rate this place enough, lovely breakfast, plenty of it, fast service.
Location is perfect, just a few hundred yards out of the centre, therefor you're not within the closed centre. (some roads in Tenby centre are closed to traffic during the day, so the streets become pedestrianised)
Highly recommend, and would love to find time to come back again.
Thank you for the best 2 nights of our tour, just wished we'd have booked longer!

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Great Guest House. We rang at short notice as we were stopping at an awful B&B just outside Tenby and couldn't stop more than one night.
Jackie met us outside with the key fob for the car park opposite which was very convenient. We were shown to the room and it was a very comfortable ensuit room on the ground floor.
Breakfast was superb with loads of choice with fresh orange, branded cereals and a full English. Tea and coffee were plentiful and kept topped up.
Will definitely be back again.
Thanks Jackie

Steve & Esther

Room Tip: We stopped in room 2 on the ground floor at the rear, quiet room and fairly spacious.
Reviewed 6 July 2012

first class service jackie and staff were great lovely clean room and great food

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family