Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven
US$112
US$109
US$231
US$210
The Belgrave Hotel(Tenby)(Great Value!)
US$126
Priceline
US$210
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,246 results
All reviewsmash and barrelentertainment complexlive loungeprestige caravanpapa johnsindoor poolsoft play areamillies cookiespenally courtadult entertainmentmobile homeentertainment teamentertainment passesfolly farmamusement arcadeshop on sitetenby town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My partner and I stayed at Kiln Park Monday-Friday (got back today) We arrived there at 1pm but wasn't able to enter the caravan until 3pm (fair enough) because the "cleaners" were there. We waited in reception with our bags until we were allowed to go to the caravan.

When we got to the caravan it was so nice and modern and thank you to the actual owners for allowing their caravan to be rented out but it is a shame that the people who are meant to be cleaning them don't clean them properly.. The window sills were black, the cooker was covered in grease, the pyrex dish in the cupboard was stained where it had not been soaked and washed properly, one of the duvets was ripped (which reception was informed about) There was hair in the shower cubicle, the carpet was filthy, the floor tiles were dirty.. But we wasn't allowed in until 3pm due to the cleaners being there.. It makes me think that they were in there doing nothing... I did see a few cleaners wandering around in the mornings carrying newspapers so maybe this is what they do instead of actually doing their jobs???

The Spar shop on site is way over priced, Customers pay out so much money to stay on site then are faced with sky high prices on essentials like milk, bread etc... 2ltr of milk £1.99... DISGUSTING....

The reception staff were ignorant (Apart from 2 of them as to which I didn't get their names) The 2 in question were lovely and very helpful. The others shouldn't work in customer service with the attitudes they have. When handing the keys in all I had was "thanks" nothing else, No how was your stay hope to see you again, was there any issues? nothing at all just "thanks" and key taken from me...

The staff in mash and Barrel were also unfriendly, no customer service skills, no smile, nothing (Apart from the bald guy he was lovely and very friendly)

I stayed at Kiln park many years ago when I was a child and enjoyed very much but I certainly will never return and I will never ever recommend it to anyone..

Awful time away.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pammy B
Kiln P, Manager at Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your comments on your recent holiday with us.

I was shocked to read your comments about the cleanliness within your holiday home and even more shocked to read that you had to clean it yourself; had this of been brought to our attention we would of been able to get everything sorted for you straight away. I am sorry that everything wasn’t up to our usual high standards; I would like to assure you that this is a rare occurrence. We do urge our guests' to let us know of any issues at the earliest possible time so we can rectify issues straight away.

Your comments about the cleaners wandering around with newspapers; the cleaning team are only in on Mondays and Fridays and so I'm unsure as to who it would of been that you saw on the other mornings. With this said we do not stop any team members from reading newspapers during their breaks and free time.

I was surprised at your comments about the prices in our shop; I do know that the local tesco's milk of the same size is £1.49, but as I'm sure can appreciate the Spar chain is unable to compete with the much larger supermarkets.

I am sorry that you didn't find our onsite teams to be very friendly, the usual trend of comments we receive are of a very positive nature. With this said I will be sure to speak with each of the teams mentioned to ensure they are always friendly and approachable, I will reiterate the importance of this to them.

Thank you once more for your feedback, it does help us to maintain, and of course improve our overall customer experience.

I do hope to see you and your family again in the future,

Reviewed 13 October 2013

we stayed 7th - 11th oct

we had to unexpectadly chance to kiln park from quay west to be a bit closer to home as my wife 8 months pregant was due to give birth the week we had origionallly booked (october half term).. and incase we something happened.. i was expecting it a bit quiet but the place was dead.

we have been to many haven sites over the last couple of year.devon cliffs, seaview and rockley park..

we turned up on the monday expecting certain standards and facilities that are at most of the parks we have visited.

we was issued a prestige van situated at no 10 gilter court, right by the club house.. the caravan was an owners van and was lovely. nothing to complain about

though we wasnt issued our oakwood voucher as it not open midweek at the time of year and nothing can be given different

also we saw secruity on the gate when we checked in giving us a note to ask about a free uprade in penally court. but didnt see nobody on the gate the remaining time.

we went to the club house for a looksee before we could access the caravan and my kids put some money in the games and they didnt work and we spent ages trying to find someone to sort them out..

when the swimming pool opened we went in there, was clean and tidy but limited to what the kids to do..1 slide and a jacuzzi. the childs pool was to0 shallow (40cms) for my 6 year old and the normal pool was 1.2m's which even though he is taller than that i was told that he shouldnt be in there or i had to stay with him all the time even though he can swim..

we went to the entertainment every night and stayed til at least 10pm.. was typical haven entertainment, a bit cheesy but enjoyable..they done allright considering thwy was only about 10 kids with their families and then the owner came in later but got very samey as the week went on.. as asked the bar staff is it normally this quiet, they blamed the funstars to what is putting the people off coming to the live lounge. the bar staff where very freindly though

my kids won several prizes, go live buckets and spades and a pair of SIZE 12 adults flip flops1! lol. my 6 year son got a bit fed up with go live as it was the same everynight..

the one thing that i was shocked about was the lack of a proper sports zone,,,
there are 2 tennis courts of which one has 1 bungee trampoline, archery and a waterwalker in it.. i took my 2 kids to play tennins and there where potholes in the court which had been poorly filled in.. also if you hit the ball into the other court as kids do u had to go go all the way back to the clubhouse find someone to let you in to get your ball back..
after being to devon cliffs and rockley park a found that this was extremely poor facilites.

we ate at the mash and barrell twice, tuesday and the thursday with quality of the food altering on both days.. ok on the tuesday but not so good on the thursday, though the barman and waiter was ok and food came quite quick. we have eaten in the mash and barrells in other parks and found the same. there is an issue with the floor in there which had patches of the floorboards swelling, causing a raised surface and a trip hazard.. though it did have a big yellow cone by it..
the shock one night was my kids wanted to play pool in the arcade so i thought i would go in the mash and barrell for a quite pint. though it was shut and u had to drink in the live louge and no drink are allowed in the arcade.. so if you want a quiet pint then you couldnt..
we didnt use papa johns or burger king, but they are what they are.

when we left i went to quick drop the key off and return the bed guard and iron.. problem is we had to hang around as the reception didnt open till 9 and they have removed the hire shop..
whilst waiting i spoke to a gentleman who comes to this park all the time as an owner and he says that things are being taken away all the time and getting worse.

though i will say that tenby is a cracking little town and the area is beatiful and would come to the area again.. just not staying at this park

wish be changed to devon cliffs or stayed at quay west
and i undstand that its normally quiet this time of year

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TheSilverFox85

Hi There,

firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent holiday with us, I was pleased to read that you found your allocated holiday home to be nice and comfortable, our teams do work hard in ensuring everything is as it should be prior to each guests arrival.

With regards to the security on the gate; we do have a 24hour security team who patrol the park regularly throughout the day and specifically during the evenings. Given the number of phone calls and duties that they have it isn't always possible for them to be on the gate all of the time, although I would like to assure you that a specific effort is made to man the gate during the night time.

I would have to agree with you that our facilities aren't as big as parks such as Devon Cliffs and Rockley Park; this is because our park is less than half of the size of these specific parks. We do offer the majority of activities and sports that other parks do, just on a smaller scale due to the difference in numbers between parks.

I was surprised at your comments about the hire shop; we haven't had a hire shop at Kiln Park recently, or certainly not in the past 7 years that I have been here. Given the small number of items that are hired we don't feel that a hire shop would be beneficial. I am sorry that reception wasn't open until 9am for you to return your goods; I haven't had this feedback before and so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I am sorry that the entertainment as a whole didn't meet your expectations; again the number of venues does differ between smaller and larger Haven parks. I was shocked at your comments from one of our owners about things being taken away as I cannot think of one thing that has been removed from the park or facilities.

I would like to say sorry that you didn't fully enjoy your stay with us; I do hope that you continue to visit Haven and enjoy our facilities for years to come.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Was a bit worried as this was our first Sun Holiday. But I'm glad to say we were overall pleased with our stay. My only small gripe was the only form of heating was the gas fire in the lounge area....the bedroom was freezing.... perhaps a fan heater could be supplied for future guests ?? Good supply of kitchen bits and bobs. The caravan,although not the most modern, was immaculate.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kiln P, Manager at Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Hi there and thank you for choosing us as your holiday destination this year, and also for letting us know your thoughts on our holiday park.

I was so pleased to read that you found your holiday home to be 'immaculate' our whole team works tirelessly in ensuring everything is just right in our accommodation prior to each of our guests' arriving; so it's lovely to see their hard work is paying off :)

With regards to the heating in the holiday homes; heating throughout is only included in the deluxe plus grade or higher, we do offer the facility to hire fan heaters though at a small cost of £7 for your whole stay- this option would of been displayed in our main reception and on your welcome literature.

I do hope you choose to visit us again soon, thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Had a wonderful holiday here with our family in September. We have a touring caravan and have stayed here a few times with our 2 little ones, who are always nagging us to go back! This time we decided to treat ourselves to the added ‘luxury’ of a static caravan for our week long break. We booked a Deluxe Plus caravan, as we wanted something with heating throughout (weren’t sure of the weather, another reason we left the tourer behind!) and we were given a lovely caravan in the Ospreys area. It was central to everything – shop, the Funworks Complex, where the swimming pool & arcades (and bar!) is, and we were able to park next to our caravan, which is always helpful when you have your hands full going back and forth with kids!

Most things you’ll need are provided for you in the caravan, however I would advise taking a teapot with you, as oddly this doesn’t seem to be provided? We mentioned this to one of the girls on Reception and I must say she was very friendly and helpful and went out of her way to ask another department if they had a spare one we could borrow. Everything was lovely and clean in the caravan (which I was a little worried about before going)

We’d definitely recommend Kiln Park, if only for the great location. You can walk into Tenby town in 10-15 mins, and the beach is only a 5 min walk. Our kids love the swimming pool and having breakfast with Rory and the other characters – never seen them so eager to get out of bed in the mornings!

If you’re staying in a static caravan we like the Ospreys area, or Avocet area looked nice too, as it’s close to the beach path and shop. We try and request a pitch on the Daffodil field if we are staying with our tourer, but to be honest all the pitches down there are fine, and they had a new toilet and shower block this year, which looks all bright and has always been spotless inside whenever we’ve visited. All in all a big thumbs up Kiln Park from this family – you’ll definitely be seeing us again next year!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TaffyCaravaners

Hello and thank you for choosing Kiln Park for your family holidays...and for letting us know what you think of our holiday park too :)

I was so thrilled to read that you regularly visit us and that your children love it there...there's nothing quite like being by the sea side!

I'm happy that you chose one of our static holiday homes this year, and that you found the caravan to be so clean and well equipped- as you mention we no longer provide tea pots, however if somebody does want one we always manage to find one!

The shower block has had so much great feedback this year it's been wonderful, it's lovely that our investment has paid off in helping everyone enjoy their touring holidays with a touch of brightness and luxury.

I'm so pleased that you'll be visiting us again next year; where I'm confident you'll have yet another fabulous family holiday!

Thanks again for your comments, and see you soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Booked as a Sun newspaper promotion but upgraded as always. Security directed us to check-in where the staff were polite and helpful. Our caravan was a large three bedroom ( one with en-suite ) unit. French windows leading to the balcony. Well proportioned lounge colour TV and DVD. Kitchen and central heating. The camp has direct access to the beach. We had one evening meal in the mash barrel which was okay. Entertainment in the show bar was very child orientated, what little adult entertainment there was, was loud and cringe worthy. The bar was badly stocked ( no Malibu and only a choice of two whiskies) so we ended up back in the mash barrel. There is an indoor pool. A well stocked spar minimart . burger king and pizza place. The camp is well situated for visiting the many tourist sights in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Kiln Park for your holiday and for giving us your feedback on this break.

I was happy to see that you were pleased with the accommodation you were allocated and that you managed to use and enjoy the majority of our facilities.

I have spoken with the complex manager about the range of drinks available in our live lounge and he asked me to apologise that your preferred tipple was only available downstairs.

I do hope you choose to visit us again where your sure to have another wonderful stay, and do a bit more exploring throughout our fantastic local area!

Thanks again for your feedback and see you again soon,