“First time - touring caravan site”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tenby
Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven
Ranked #3 of 19 Speciality Lodging in Tenby
Reviewed 27 October 2013

First time here having used sites around Tenby in the past. Got a 6 night booking for £62.00 which I feel was excellent value. I'll. book up well in advance NEC for. Next March

Had to book one extra night to avoid towing in the high winds - but was charged £36.00 for the one night!!

Another gripe was the cost of the Launderette £6.00 for wash (last time at Camping and Caravanning Club was £3.50 for wash) and £2.00 for a dry - but no chance of using less as committed to a £2 minimum spend.
There are cheaper washes available in town..

Beware -the Cash Machine in the shop charges for withdrawals so use the free machines in town and shop expensive.

Doubtful how often toilets cleaned out! Saw 2 workers ( once each ) but saw little evidence as to work done

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NG210BE
Kiln P, Manager at Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Hi there,

thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, I was pleased to read that you managed to get yourself a good deal by taking advantage of our early booking discounts- it is always better to book in advance to ensure you get the best deal! The prices do go up for the school holidays and as we get more and more fully booked the discounts are removed- hence the £36.00 charge.

With regards to the launderette; the prices are compared to those in local establishments at the beginning of each season, I will have the local launderettes prices looked at for comparison going forward, so thank you for highlighting this to me.

We do have three cash machines throughout the park, all of which do charge; like the majority of portable cash machines nowadays. We do offer cash back both in our onsite shop and also in our main complex, and there is no minimum spend to qualify for the cash back.

The toilet and shower blocks are cleaned twice daily and we very rarely have negative comments about the cleanliness- the management team do check the block daily and no reports of unclean toilets have been logged in the last month or so. With this said I will highlight the importance of ensuring every toilet and shower is thoroughly cleaned as regularly as possible to the team.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope you manage to book yourself a bargain break for next year.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was a pleasant stay, with a range of activities available., For example, swimming, and the arcade. Caravan was nice, and not too far from the main building. Swimming pool was large, and there was a great atmosphere. Also, it was reasonably close to the beach. Really enjoyed my stay. (In the more modern and heated caravan.)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rhys H

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on your recent break with us.

I was over the moon to read that you had a great holiday and that you found all of our facilities and activities great.

I was also pleased to see that you managed to enjoy the Tenby beach that we have on our door step...I’m sure you'll agree it is really fantastic!

I look forward to yours and your family's return where I'm sure we'll help you create some more fabulous holiday memories :)

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend on a touring pitch. Overall not a bad site but the hygiene was absolutely chronic. The ladies toilets in the Mash & Barrel absolutely stank. The bins were overflowing next to the nappy changing station so badly the lid was just sat on top of a pile of unhygienic rubbish. The funny thing was they have a checklist on wall where it says they are inspected every hour it was signed off twice over 2 hours while we were in there but obviously just do it without checking or cleaning as the bin remained exactly the same they must have walked past it just to sign the inspection sheet either bone idle or filthy!! Touring shower block no better went in on Friday afternoon when we got there to have a look but there were big thick clumps of hair wedged in drains that couldn't have happened over 1 day which obviously hadn't cos same clumps were there Monday morning when we left, stuck with the shower in the van at least it gets cleaned. They really need to sort out their hygiene issues !!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank MicheCaBa

Hi there and thank you for taking your time to let us know your comments and feedback on our holiday park.

I was surprised at your comments about the toilets and showers throughout the park, after some less than positive comments a month or so ago we have had positive feedback which has made it apparent that there have been improvements in this area.

With regards to the toilet and shower block, we haven't had any similar comments recently but I am sorry if the showers weren't perfectly clean. We do urge our guests' to let us know straight away if there is anything that we need/ can do to improve people experiences. Had this of been reported to any one of our team members I am confident that we would of been able to rectify them straight away.

Thank you again for your comments and please be assured that I have listened to your feedback and I will ensure these areas are improved upon.

I do hope you choose to visit us again where I'm confident you will have a great holiday experience.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

It was first caravan holiday in many years, and I wasn't too sure what to expect. Well, it was brilliant! The caravans was super clean, a fantastic location, just a short walk to the beach, and a longer one to Tenby itself. We didn't use any of the facilities, so can't comment, but we were very pleased with Kiln Park and would go again

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank teabrewer1

Hello,

Thank you for your comments.

It was wonderful to see that you gave a caravan holiday another chance after many years...and it was even better to read that you had a brilliant holiday!

It's always great to hear that our guests' will be returning, I will look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We paid £150 for all in on a Sun special offer holiday. We found the caravan very nice, modern, kitchen was fully kitted out and it was clean when we arrived. There were two toilets and the living room area was very comfortable.

The site itself is very close to Tenby beach but the surrouding area doesnt have much to do if you venture off site.

Things I suggest the management look as part of continuous improvement:
- Alcoholic drinks in the entertainment complex were far too expensive. Perhaps they can be looked at.
- Rental of DVD players. We had a selection of discs packed hoping it would be an offer but you only get them in the absolute top of the range caravans.
- Wooden cooking utensils that dont wreck Teflon coated frying pans and alike (we bought our own)
- Prices in the onsite Spar were a lot higher than what you would pay in Tesco or Asda. This has been raised on other threads and I think the management should talk to them and ask why they operate like the onsite Mafia.
- You have to pay extra to play bingo. This should be included in the entertainment package.

Small niggly things though really. The nightly entertainment 'funstars' were always enthusiastic and you really couldnt fault the job they were doing. We recommend this site to others, especially those with kids.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts and feedback on your recent break with us, it is always great to see where we've helped enhance people holidays and ways that we can improve our services.

I was pleased to see that you were happy with your allocated holiday home and that you found the interior to be clean and modern.

I would like to thank you for your specific comments on ways we can improve, with us now going into our close down period we will be reviewing everything ready for the 2014 season. I will ensure that your suggestions are looked into.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My partner and I stayed at Kiln Park Monday-Friday (got back today) We arrived there at 1pm but wasn't able to enter the caravan until 3pm (fair enough) because the "cleaners" were there. We waited in reception with our bags until we were allowed to go to the caravan.

When we got to the caravan it was so nice and modern and thank you to the actual owners for allowing their caravan to be rented out but it is a shame that the people who are meant to be cleaning them don't clean them properly.. The window sills were black, the cooker was covered in grease, the pyrex dish in the cupboard was stained where it had not been soaked and washed properly, one of the duvets was ripped (which reception was informed about) There was hair in the shower cubicle, the carpet was filthy, the floor tiles were dirty.. But we wasn't allowed in until 3pm due to the cleaners being there.. It makes me think that they were in there doing nothing... I did see a few cleaners wandering around in the mornings carrying newspapers so maybe this is what they do instead of actually doing their jobs???

The Spar shop on site is way over priced, Customers pay out so much money to stay on site then are faced with sky high prices on essentials like milk, bread etc... 2ltr of milk £1.99... DISGUSTING....

The reception staff were ignorant (Apart from 2 of them as to which I didn't get their names) The 2 in question were lovely and very helpful. The others shouldn't work in customer service with the attitudes they have. When handing the keys in all I had was "thanks" nothing else, No how was your stay hope to see you again, was there any issues? nothing at all just "thanks" and key taken from me...

The staff in mash and Barrel were also unfriendly, no customer service skills, no smile, nothing (Apart from the bald guy he was lovely and very friendly)

I stayed at Kiln park many years ago when I was a child and enjoyed very much but I certainly will never return and I will never ever recommend it to anyone..

Awful time away.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pammy B
Kiln P, Manager at Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your comments on your recent holiday with us.

I was shocked to read your comments about the cleanliness within your holiday home and even more shocked to read that you had to clean it yourself; had this of been brought to our attention we would of been able to get everything sorted for you straight away. I am sorry that everything wasn’t up to our usual high standards; I would like to assure you that this is a rare occurrence. We do urge our guests' to let us know of any issues at the earliest possible time so we can rectify issues straight away.

Your comments about the cleaners wandering around with newspapers; the cleaning team are only in on Mondays and Fridays and so I'm unsure as to who it would of been that you saw on the other mornings. With this said we do not stop any team members from reading newspapers during their breaks and free time.

I was surprised at your comments about the prices in our shop; I do know that the local tesco's milk of the same size is £1.49, but as I'm sure can appreciate the Spar chain is unable to compete with the much larger supermarkets.

I am sorry that you didn't find our onsite teams to be very friendly, the usual trend of comments we receive are of a very positive nature. With this said I will be sure to speak with each of the teams mentioned to ensure they are always friendly and approachable, I will reiterate the importance of this to them.

Thank you once more for your feedback, it does help us to maintain, and of course improve our overall customer experience.

I do hope to see you and your family again in the future,

Reviewed 13 October 2013

we stayed 7th - 11th oct

we had to unexpectadly chance to kiln park from quay west to be a bit closer to home as my wife 8 months pregant was due to give birth the week we had origionallly booked (october half term).. and incase we something happened.. i was expecting it a bit quiet but the place was dead.

we have been to many haven sites over the last couple of year.devon cliffs, seaview and rockley park..

we turned up on the monday expecting certain standards and facilities that are at most of the parks we have visited.

we was issued a prestige van situated at no 10 gilter court, right by the club house.. the caravan was an owners van and was lovely. nothing to complain about

though we wasnt issued our oakwood voucher as it not open midweek at the time of year and nothing can be given different

also we saw secruity on the gate when we checked in giving us a note to ask about a free uprade in penally court. but didnt see nobody on the gate the remaining time.

we went to the club house for a looksee before we could access the caravan and my kids put some money in the games and they didnt work and we spent ages trying to find someone to sort them out..

when the swimming pool opened we went in there, was clean and tidy but limited to what the kids to do..1 slide and a jacuzzi. the childs pool was to0 shallow (40cms) for my 6 year old and the normal pool was 1.2m's which even though he is taller than that i was told that he shouldnt be in there or i had to stay with him all the time even though he can swim..

we went to the entertainment every night and stayed til at least 10pm.. was typical haven entertainment, a bit cheesy but enjoyable..they done allright considering thwy was only about 10 kids with their families and then the owner came in later but got very samey as the week went on.. as asked the bar staff is it normally this quiet, they blamed the funstars to what is putting the people off coming to the live lounge. the bar staff where very freindly though

my kids won several prizes, go live buckets and spades and a pair of SIZE 12 adults flip flops1! lol. my 6 year son got a bit fed up with go live as it was the same everynight..

the one thing that i was shocked about was the lack of a proper sports zone,,,
there are 2 tennis courts of which one has 1 bungee trampoline, archery and a waterwalker in it.. i took my 2 kids to play tennins and there where potholes in the court which had been poorly filled in.. also if you hit the ball into the other court as kids do u had to go go all the way back to the clubhouse find someone to let you in to get your ball back..
after being to devon cliffs and rockley park a found that this was extremely poor facilites.

we ate at the mash and barrell twice, tuesday and the thursday with quality of the food altering on both days.. ok on the tuesday but not so good on the thursday, though the barman and waiter was ok and food came quite quick. we have eaten in the mash and barrells in other parks and found the same. there is an issue with the floor in there which had patches of the floorboards swelling, causing a raised surface and a trip hazard.. though it did have a big yellow cone by it..
the shock one night was my kids wanted to play pool in the arcade so i thought i would go in the mash and barrell for a quite pint. though it was shut and u had to drink in the live louge and no drink are allowed in the arcade.. so if you want a quiet pint then you couldnt..
we didnt use papa johns or burger king, but they are what they are.

when we left i went to quick drop the key off and return the bed guard and iron.. problem is we had to hang around as the reception didnt open till 9 and they have removed the hire shop..
whilst waiting i spoke to a gentleman who comes to this park all the time as an owner and he says that things are being taken away all the time and getting worse.

though i will say that tenby is a cracking little town and the area is beatiful and would come to the area again.. just not staying at this park

wish be changed to devon cliffs or stayed at quay west
and i undstand that its normally quiet this time of year

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TheSilverFox85

Hi There,

firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent holiday with us, I was pleased to read that you found your allocated holiday home to be nice and comfortable, our teams do work hard in ensuring everything is as it should be prior to each guests arrival.

With regards to the security on the gate; we do have a 24hour security team who patrol the park regularly throughout the day and specifically during the evenings. Given the number of phone calls and duties that they have it isn't always possible for them to be on the gate all of the time, although I would like to assure you that a specific effort is made to man the gate during the night time.

I would have to agree with you that our facilities aren't as big as parks such as Devon Cliffs and Rockley Park; this is because our park is less than half of the size of these specific parks. We do offer the majority of activities and sports that other parks do, just on a smaller scale due to the difference in numbers between parks.

I was surprised at your comments about the hire shop; we haven't had a hire shop at Kiln Park recently, or certainly not in the past 7 years that I have been here. Given the small number of items that are hired we don't feel that a hire shop would be beneficial. I am sorry that reception wasn't open until 9am for you to return your goods; I haven't had this feedback before and so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I am sorry that the entertainment as a whole didn't meet your expectations; again the number of venues does differ between smaller and larger Haven parks. I was shocked at your comments from one of our owners about things being taken away as I cannot think of one thing that has been removed from the park or facilities.

I would like to say sorry that you didn't fully enjoy your stay with us; I do hope that you continue to visit Haven and enjoy our facilities for years to come.

Thanks again for your feedback,