“Excellent fish”

Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Freshly cooked fish & chips
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Best fish and chips we've tasted in a long time. The batter was done to perfection - nice and crisp and not at all soggy as you find with most.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Best fish and chips we've tasted in a long time. The batter was so crisp and not at all soggy as you find in many fish and chip shops.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We saw the awards on the windows and read some very good reviews so we went in. We were on holiday and went there 3 times. The first visit, the food was very good and tasty. The owner busied himself near me as I was trying to find large forks (you have to get your own from a container), he looked at me in a faux quizzical way and said they are all the same size. I then showed him 2 forks one fork over an inch longer than the other, so 2 sizes. His reply was 'they come from the same company and they are labelled the same. ' A great response if I had asked him, are they labelled the same and do they come from the same company?
Not very helpful. The second visit, we had 5 meals, with 1 being a large Cod. The Cod was inedible, it was dry with very little fish inside, we were there early around 12pm this was last nights fish reheated. Another cod looked great but there was little fish inside. I told the waitress as we were leaving about the dry inedible fish, her response was 'thanks for letting us know'. Not at all helpful. We tried a third time, this time the food was nice but as our food was brought to the table and placed, the waitress said 'oh dear, sorry about that' she then pulled a hair from the plate of food. She didn't offer to replace the meal. Not good. Overall the food is ok. The service is ok. But when there are problems they don't care, they don't replace or offer discount or refund. They rest on window awards and the number of customers is great, so what, if they lose some! We went back for various reasons but now wish we hadn't. To the bespeckled owner, sort the food out, train waitress staff better, know what cutlery you have and cut the sarcastic looks.

3  Thank distelgesic
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We went for fish and chips on a Saturday afternoon, we were both really hungry but didn't finish our meal batter on fish was soggy and there was not a lot of fish in the batter.

1  Thank nizmat
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just come back from a nice week in tenby.We went into town and went looking for this fish and chip restaurant as I found it on my coeliac app so I ordered 2 large coeliac fish and chips as they had regular and large but to be told they only do regular but its a big regular my daughter and I could not belive we could be eating at a fish and chip restaurant but it was really nice they cook the chips right in the end fryer so its only used for coeliacs and the owner cooks it all no one else so there is no cross contamination it was so nice we went there 3 times and the last day we got chips to take away in a cone and as long as you say your coeliac when you order they fine with it. The staff where very very help full. We are going to tenby next year and will definitely be going back maybe they could have sausage in batter next time :).

2  Thank Tracyb8845