“Service & good food at the same time”

South Beach Bar & Grill
Ranked #70 of 128 Restaurants in Tenby
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

When visiting Tenby we always make a stop at South Beach but failed to get good service & food at the same time !! Called in today for a late lunch and at long last got what we were hoping for !! Perfect weather matched with good food & service and most of all a waitress with a smile :) keep up the good work we will be back !!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent food, great friendly service, quite happy to let our sandy child come in. Nice kids menu, scrummy food and friendly service. Will make another visit before we leave for home. Fantastic location too!

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Everything was disappointing my medium steak was tough, dry and more well done than medium. When the waitress served my steak she said she would return with a steak knife, did I get one? I think not. There was no check back on our meals all night instead I watched the waitress carelessly sit at the bar chatting to the bar man. Lemon posit dessert was full of lemon pips?!? And the other desserts on the sharing board were not great either. I was even more disappointed when I got the bill and discovered that a bottle of peroni was nearly £5. I went home hugely disappointed that I spent £20 on a rubbish steak £10 on an less and average dessert and £5 on a bottle of peroni. Now in know after three years I have never bothered to go, everyone was right it's rubbish!

2  Thank travel_lover0101876
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I stumble upon this place by accident and what a find! Although very busy the staff run around to keep everything ticking over. It was lovely to sit outside with a drink. The food was delicious, although a little pricey for what you got, it delivered on flavour. I had a Lovely handmade burger. My friend's fish was also cooked to perfection in a light batter. Worth a visit for a sit in the sun with a cold beverage.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We are lucky enough to live within strolling distance of this grill, so on Sunday (Father's day), we decided to go down at around 5 for a pre-dinner drink with two of our children. It was a beautifully sunny day so the inside was pretty empty whilst the outside area was pretty full (probably 50 covers or so). We asked one of the waitresses to clear a table which was done straight away, however, it wasn't wiped down.

We sat and waited, asked three waitresses to take our order but in the end, after nearly 30 minutes, I basically had to hold onto someone's arm and ask them for a jug of water (we were sitting in full sun and very hot!), and to take our orders and to wipe our table. By this time our children had got bored and had gone to play on the beach.

The water turned up with two glasses which had lipstick around the rims, so we waited 5 minutes for clean glasses. We then waited another 20 minutes for our drinks to turn up, by which point my husband was set to go home. Just as we were about to leave, our drinks turned up. Hurrah!

Except..... my wine glass had a clear line of bright pink lipstick around the rim. At this point I decided to go and find someone to give me a replacement, rather than waiting for service, whilst doing so, I bumped into another friend from Tenby who had been waiting 15 minutes for a waiter to even acknowledge him and his daughter. He was going to give them another five minutes to serve him then leave - I waved to him as he left.

I spoke to a member of staff about the service, dirty glasses and the fact people were leaving because they couldn't get drinks. He said 'sorry' and went away.

I would say that in Tenby, most people I know (a lot), all agree service is dreadful and after two years somebody should have trained the staff!

Will I go back? Yes, I'm meeting friends there for coffee tomorrow morning. The location is great, the service, on the many occasions I've been, has been at best adequate, and at worst, diabolical!