“Good Beers ”
Review of Crown Inn

Crown Inn
Ranked #61 of 125 Restaurants in Tenby
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

A locals pub with a good selection of draught ales and ciders at good prices, well kept beer. Nice people. Dog friendly as well.

1  Thank Cawts
There are newer reviews for Crown Inn

Reviewed 28 April 2014

brilliant ,welcoming, allows dogs, had lots of draught ales, more than is xi counted, including welsh ones. like brains and watkins, was traditional in style, with seats by bar or at tables, and pews on walls. we came here as beer was well priced and good quality,as hotel had no real ale and what it did have was chilled and expensive

1  Thank jaypauldini
Rob F, Owner at Crown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thanks for you're great review, look forward to seeing you again for a beer!!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Popped in for a couple of pints this lunchtime. The second was "Speckled Hen" from a cask chocced up at the rear of the bar. It was flat and lifeless, on the verge of being off and well past it's sell by date ie no long producing the gas which propels it from the cask. On pointing this out to the barman he replied "it's supposed to be flat" - and this in a pub selling real ale ..... On the plus side he did know how to make a very good Pimms.

1  Thank Annalogg
Rob F, Owner at Crown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thankyou for your review!
i'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the speckled hen at the crown inn. our local reputation for real ale is very good, and I do not agree that the cask was 'nearly off' as you say. For your information the beer is not propelled from the horizontal rack by gas in the beer, it relies on gravity! Beer directly from the cask, once fully settled and fermented will be 'flat' since it is not carbonated. When we pour ales from the hand pump, they generally pass through a 'sprinkler' or nozzle before reaching the glass which aggregates the beer giving it a head.
I welcome you to visit the Crown again and try one(or a few!) of the ales we pour from the hand pump, It sounds like you prefer it served in this way.
Kind regards
Rob

Reviewed 14 April 2014

A proper pub, hubby liked choice of ales. Mostly quiet when we were there, a few friendly locals but I guess as the season progresses, it will get very busy with holiday makers. Definitely worth a visit.

Rob F, Owner at Crown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thanks for a review, Hope to see you on your next visit to Tenby!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The last time I went to this lively friendly pub it was great.
Not so these last visits the place was deserted, what customers there were, were busy playing on their mobile phones even the bar staff. When I commented on the beers being very cold and tasteless I was told "its always like that". I know that they used to serve a great pint and a lot of choice. The only lively thing there was a dog who caught beer mats.

Rob F, Owner at Crown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Hello Peter B,
I'm sorry to read that you had a bad experience at The Crown on your last visit, It is very rare we have a negative review, and we do take customer criticisms seriously!
I have discussed the problems you have highlighted with my staff, especially the response when you mentioned you're beer being tasteless which i also find unacceptable.
While i cannot take responsibility for customers using their mobile phones while in the pub, my staff should not be using them.
I hope you will give us another chance when you are next in the area!
all the best