“Lovely site - excellent views!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tenby
Meadow Farm Campsite
Ranked #8 of 19 Speciality Lodging in Tenby
Berkshire
“Lovely site - excellent views!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in May 2014. Only a 10 minute walk to North beach and probably 15 into town, it was a great spot. Lovely and clean and a beautiful setting with amazing views over Caldey Island and Tenby town. Facilities need updating a little, but they are clean, hot water and everything is there that you need. Only downside is that our field was on a slope and the motorhome we hired didn't have any levelling ramps - but that's not the fault of the site. Lovely site and would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sparkeyp

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

elaine n from nottingham is talking rubbish - lovely site, very friendly staff - they put up my tent - everything clean showers hot much fun had by all - dont go caravaning if you dont like the sound of water or rain dripping on your caravan. camping at night is always cold so be prepared - in other words elaine go and stay in a hotel in benidorm sounds like that would be much more up your street!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank kristin c
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I booked this site in 2012 to go in August 2013 I have a large motor home driven by my daughter because I do not drive, my son in law was with us along with two small granddaughters. He was towing their caravan. So we had booked for two places one for a motor home and one for a large touring caravan. As soon as I got there I was shown to my pitch with as requested electric hook up, the pitch was like a quagmire!! my son in law had a go at putting my motor home in place and the wheels spun, then started to sink real deep. I asked the male owner if he could find me a better spot as this was a huge wet area and a tree overhanging was dripping so much so it would have kept me awake all night plus I would have been very cold. he asked my daughter to swap places? hellooooo they have two children who would have been soaked, plus if my wheels were sinking and spinning theirs would have too. He then said "park in front of theirs" well that would have blocked their view plus my electric hook up lead could only fit into a socket further down, and it would not stretch. he stood looking at me blank when I asked for a splitter, he had to be told by me, a women in her 60s what it was., It was Sunday no shops were open, and he said he is not too sure where to get one from! Someone had put a caravan that was being stored in the pitch that was meant for me. A work man of sorts who just drops off vans and leaves them But this chap who runs the site had no idea where the owners were plus the invisible man who was to come and move it. He had no idea where or when this chap was due back! I asked again for another spot with electric hook up, he looked at me blank! after two and yes I mean two hours of getting no where and being looked at as if I were from Mars --- a wonderful couple moved their motor home to let me have their pitch and they were leaving the site very soon. The owner had no interest at all and was in fact very rude. Right now I got settled went to check out the showers only to be told by several other campers who had been there a while " the water is as cold as the sea at all times" my son in law who is a qualified plumber asked the blank owner why, he said "I turn them down low so as not to get the blame if a child gets burnt" yes a reasonable answer, but my son in law asked him if there was a thermostat and something else I do not understand plumbing talk, again another blank look. We asked other campers "have any of you had at least one even warm shower"? no they said. We were to be on there two weeks! I had to fill my tank up each day via a watering can as there were only one tap on site miles from me. Once I park in my motor home, like a caravan I do not use it until I return home. I am taken out by my daughter and son-in-law by car each day.
The toilets were disgusting, the view was 100% stunning.
The owner then said sometimes the light fuse, now they did in the night, and people in tents were thrown into darkness. If he knew this why not get out an electrician to see to it,? my daughters fridge in her van defrosted over night, so again another cost to us as the meat in it went part defrosted and had to be thrown. We complained and asked for at least some refund he said "no way" and so we left there, unhappy and very upset by his overpowering dogmatic voice and lack of enthusiasm for the site because he was selling it. But that was not our fault he should still look after his campers.
I was horrified by it all. DONT waste your monies the walk is as far as the walk from other nicer sites give this place a miss.
Elaine.

Room Tip: we were in our own units on a farm
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Elaine N
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

It is a very convenient site with possibly the best views anywhere in Tenby. The walk into town is easy and very pleasant if a little harder coming back uphill but not enough to put anyone off. The showers/ toilets are not the best. Adequate at most and poor at times, eg cold showers occasionally, only one sink for washing up and a bit of a hike to sort out ice blocks etc. the owners were friendly and helpful. All in all worth it for the views and convenience but could be improved.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stuart r
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

At last showers have been upgraded :D.
Perfect as a small walk into the town and beach
Loads of room for all tents or caravans
Shower rooms are brand new, water does run out fast so be first or wait till later.
Toilets are old but hey hoo I am camping

Will alway return to meadow farm. Just booking for 2 weeks next year

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gaz J
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed here last week and after a windy start the stay went without a fuss.
You have to book for 7 nights which isn't a problem at their prices.
It was easy to find, handy for the town a 10 minute stroll down the hill was not noticeable as you are looking at the views constantly.
The red taxis - Penally only charge £3 to come back up the hill at night, they came straight up to gravel slope into the field. The silver taxis charged £4.80
The facilities were very basic but clean, we knew this from previous reviews so it wasn't a problem.
The showers were hot first thing in the morning so I recommend you shower before breakfast.
We would certainly come back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hayley1963
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This site is ok,
It's main positive feature is how close it is to tenby, really just 10 mins down the road walking.
Facilities were very basic, as with most campsites. The 2 times I showered they were clap cold, not great, and I had to share the shower with 10-15 moths and spiders.
Owners very friendly and toilets clean.
The real down side of this site is how very exposed it is. It's by far the windiest place I've ever camped. Our tent poles snapped in 3 places and one windy night on a walk past other tents I could see everyone was struggling! Purely for how exposed the site was I don't think we'll be back, unless we're in a caravan or camper van!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple