All reviewsfour poster bedsea viewno lifttown wallscaldey islandfamily roomtea roomsea frontsouth beachjacuzzi bathperfect locationcooked to ordertop floorfull english breakfastbreakfast was excellentpremier roomcar park
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I wanted to give the highest rating. But the bed was oh so hard ....
The view from our window was fantastic. The location unbelievable, right on the beach and walk to all the shops, cafes and restaurants. The proprietors were obliging and approachable. The esplanade is quiet, comfortable and family friendly. The tea room / bar room at the front was the best value in Tenby and so relaxing there. The breakfast was very nice.

Tenby is a great stay. I would recommend this place and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Front room with ocean view beats it all. Look at the photos.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank tomDubbo_Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed just one night here on a combined business and pleasure trip. Never having been to Tenby, we were delighted, granted we probably had the best November day on record - walked the beach in just a cardigan!
The hotel was ok but at £70 for the night in their basic room it was borderline. The room could definitely do with a spring clean and an update, but again, the fact our two little dogs were made welcome counts for a lot to counterbalance. The breakfast was adequate but nothing special and the reception again was fine. If you paid the extra you got a fantastic sea view and if you were to stay a couple of days it would be worth it. It was one of those places where nothing was really wrong but equally there wasnt anything of note either.
Clean, pet friendly and great location - a little on the expensive side.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank minglem1
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed here for a two night break recently and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves .Our room(14)had a huge bay window overlooking the sea and Caldy Island with two comfortable chairs and a table in the window,large tv,4 poster bed(we had to take a run-up to get into this as we are both short!!) and large bathroom .The bed was very comfortable and the room warm and cosy despite the howling wind outside every night!
Breakfasts were really good......lots of fruit,yoghurt,cereals,good coffee, then cooked to order whatever you wanted......my boiled egg was perfect!!Lovely views over the sea from the dining room too.
No real downers apart from the lack of parking right by the hotel....you can grab a free spot opposite if you are lucky,but beware of parking in the residents only places.....the traffic wardens are VERY keen and come round regularly giving out tickets(we watched them from our window!)There is a large car park just up the road where you can leave your car overnight.....a matter of yards away.
The hosts were very friendly and helpful and the whole place is clean and tidy .The decor is a bit tired and dated,but our room was lovely and we've certainly had worse rooms in 5 star hotels for double the money.I wouldn't say it was suitable for anyone with walking difficulties though as the steps to get in are rather steep and there is no lift.
The Esplanade is also ideally placed for walks along the fabulous beach or into the town which is on the doorstep,and we would use it again if we visit Tenby another time.

Room Tip: Room 14 was lovely..fantastic views.Sunrise was wonderful....a very sunny bright,good size room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stickiesurrey
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We stayed in this family run hotel and my husband and I, my sister and her dog and my elderly parents enjoyed a fabulous weekend away in Tenby. The location overlooking the sea was beautiful and it was so central to get anywhere in and around the town. The owners were warm, friendly and welcoming and helped us with anything we needed. The breakfasts were excellent We will be returning!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. My parents had a sea view room with 4 poster bed, large bathroom and chairs and table in the bay window with stunning views. My husband and I just had a double room but that was fine and my sister had a double room although she paid single room price and we were all happy with the price for the room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JulieTrowbridge
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Easy to find - this as usual was booked after research on Tripadviser. Pete the owner booked us in - we were on the first floor in the four-poster room - large room - this was all nice and clean - overlooking the beach. Lovely to sit in the chairs by the window / lie in the bed and listen to the sea. Large bathroom - very clean - only observation would be that with these prices I would expect better toiletries than hard to open ( for me ! ) sachets !! That said our stay was lovely. The dining room is spot on - comfortable and welcoming with a first class breakfast served overlooking the sea.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple