“Great Hotel”
Review of The Belgrave Hotel

The Belgrave Hotel
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and it is always great fun. The staff are great and what an atmosphere. The gala dinners are just great on a Saturday night followed by the entertainer afterwards. A fantastic sea view from the front of the hotel as well. The parking is limited but that's no problem, there is a large car park literally 25 yards from the hotel £5.00 for overnight and next day parking come and go as you please. If you want a good laugh over the weekend this is the place to stay. Check out the special offers on the website. It is the only place to stay in Tenby!!!

Room Tip: Book Early
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 July 2013

My Parents stayed at The Belgrave last year and after their good review of it we thought we would give it a go, as was in much need of a break away from the norm, When we said about this to my parents they jumped at the chance to return. First impressions as you drive past are very grand, the location of the hotel is fantastic and definitely gives a wow factor as the beach is literally just outside the door. We parked in the large car park 2 mins away from the hotel which we preferred to do as the car park is manned through the day and just felt more secure than leaving it on a side street in town. For £12 for two days we thought this to be very reasonable as we could come and go as much as we pleased but never had to worry about where to park when we returned and in our opinion the location of the hotel is more important than worrying about where to park. When we entered the hotel its very apparent that money is being spent on it to invest and improve on the hotel, the Bar area is very modern and relaxing, and the evening entertainment room was lovely. The staff were very helpful and friendly and we could tell they work hard and long hours, and having worked in the industry myself for 14 years I empathised with them when they had the 'odd' Grumpy customer. The hotel is full of old character and we loved it, yes the rooms are a little dated and yes the furniture isn't the modern 'Argos' furniture as I would call it, but I think it just added to the charm took me back to staying at my grandparents house when I was a child. The only down side to our stay was after having my parents room upgraded to a sea view room, and walking in and seeing the breath taking views and the very large room they had with a walk in wardrobe we found that there was no shower which in this day and age I do think its one thing each hotel room should have. The breakfasts are fantastic and the entertainment was very good on the Sunday evening, the hotel seems popular with non-residents as well as it seemed to be one of the only hotels on the seafront to provide entertainment every night. Will definitely be returning as soon as we can x

Room Tip: Room 111 was on the side but still had a sea view and large bathroom with shower.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank zsmith28
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife and I recently spent three nights at the Belgrave hotel. Which we found to be most welcoming, with friendly staff who were happy to assist in any way, the receptionist even found a parking space across the street from the hotel and stood in the space until I drove around the block, "that's what I call good service". The food was very good and the rooms were spotless and the provision of tea and coffee making eqpt in the bedrooms was a bonus.
If there is a minus to the hotel its that wheelchair users would find it very restricted having said that my wife who is using two crutches managed without too much difficulty.

Room Tip: We were at the rear of the hotel and we could get a good nights rest
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Robert318
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Just returned yesterday from a Nova Tours coach holiday to this hotel and all I can say is 'it was wonderful'. The hotel is spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated, and the food beautiful. There were six of us in our party and we all agreed it was a great break. Thank You to Tony our driver who looked after us so well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Heather B
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We went to this hotel as a consolation for not being able to go on a cruise, due to my ill health and not being discharged from hospital till late on the day we were supposed to have joined the ship.
Well as a consolation it was truly a first class experience, whilst the bedrooms might be in need of some modernisation, the ambience and welcomes generated by the staff were not. Mr Thomas or Mr T as he is known at the hotel is to be congratulated on the way he treats both his guests and his staff, who seem more like a family.
The food was excellent, we were a bit apprehensive about going B&B plus evening meal, but let me tell you the food was excellent and if you are fortunate to be staying when they have their 6 yes thats right SIX course gala evening meal you are really in for a treat and somewhat enlarged waistline.
All I can say is a big big thank you to all the staff and Mr T for making our stay a great experience.... I know that the weather also played a good part, but hats off to Mr T and his team

Room Tip: If you can get yourself a room at the front with a sea view out to Caldy Island just waking up to t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank scooby1298
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We booked online to stay here in June '13. The cost was approx £175 for the two of us for 2 nights. Don't expect to be able to park in the hotel car park, it has about 6 spaces and, needless to say with so many rooms/ guests, they are never available. We had to park in a local car park which cost £12.
The receptionist wasn't particularly welcoming, we were given the keys to our room and told where to find it. The room itself was very disappointing; two single beds pushed together, anaglypta wallpaper painted over in a very fetching mustard colour, wardrobes from the 70s and rotten wooden windows with ancient metal secondary glazing. The room was cramped, outdated and definitely not worth the money.
We explained to the receptionist and eventually received a full refund. Stayed at The Carlton a few doors along and it was much nicer; modern, clean and very welcoming staff.
The Belgrave are showing a 4/5 Trip Advisor rating in their reception area, bit cheeky really!

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank fraser268
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Third visit to this Hotel,still thoroughly enjoyable,a few surprises with the new decor to the bar and entertainment area / lounge this was a lovely improvement tastefully done,food,rooms staff still very good,entertainment good at nights, all in all a good all round place to stay,will certainly think about returning in the future

Room Tip: Room 311 had a lovely sea view and king size bed
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple