“Excellent Experience”

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Tenby
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

On my stay with my husband at the end March 2014, we had such a great time that I had to write a review. The hotel itself was excellent, the staff and atmosphere was amazing, I cant fault it! The food was great and the free drinks were a plus! I would stay again!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hazel R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I feel I must write about this hotel. I was very apprehensive about staying here, as I had read some bad reviews, albeit from 2012/2013. They read that it was very dated and none too clean, and so on. On arrival it looked quite nice from outside, then on entering we were led into a lovely seated area with wooden flooring, and!, NO SMELL!, very modern decor and the bar area obviously modernized with tub chairs and adjustable tables. The staff were ever so friendly and helpful, with one exception, a rather humorless and none too glamorous receptionist woman, who spoke at you, this was a little uncomfortable at times. Excellent food every meal!!! And choices! My partner is diabetic and an evening snack was arranged for him for a supper every night. One other downside was an abundance of stairs! No problem for me but many older patrons struggled , as the lift was up a flight of stairs! I would easily recommend this small hotel, and hope that the owners keep up with their standards, and improvements, and that it doesn't get "shabby" again! Obviously a sea view room adds to the stay! Yes I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Harrison-Scott
Bridgend
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is the second time this year for my husband and myself to spend the weekend at this hotel and what a lovely stay we had. First the breakfast hot and plenty of it staff very helpful and happy . Our room was lovely and warm, clean and excellent views. Prices in the bar were very reasonable will be coming here again.

Room Tip: Top floor room 401 has a lovely view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank barbarathomas7
Wolverhampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from an all inclusive break it was fantastic! The food was great, plenty of it. The staff, and owner were very helpful. The hotel was clean and well furnished. Our group all agree it was the best holiday we have had in the U.K. We will definitely return.
Well there was one complaint! It just wasn't long enough!
The company we booked through Plimbley Travel were most friendly, and helpful.
Also our coach driver Colin of Gee Vee Travel was very informative , and friendly.

Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Janet D
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

6 of us have just got back from a holiday at The Belgrade Hotel, what a great holiday we have had. Everything was excellent can find no fault at all. All the staff went out of their way to make your holiday good. The owner Malcom saw us off every day on the trips we went on. We were all inclusive and had packed lunches and tea, coffee, and cakes when we came back from our trips. I would recommend this hotel and will certainly be back. Many thanks to all the staff for such an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carol P
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Visited here for a tinsel and turkey trip and had an amazing time! The entertainment was great especially Billy G! The staff are ever so helpful and friendly and went truly beyond what they needed to!The food was lovely and a great variety. Can't wait to visit again

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Youngladgetsaround
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have just returned from this hotel with friends traveling with David Ogden holidays, first the coach we used was excellent picked up and returned to your home address. John was our driver who brought his wife Pauline with him. I have been on a lot of coach holidays this is the first with Ogdens and I have had some good drivers, but I can say John was by far the best yet, a very smooth ride all the way. I was very worried after reading some of the reviews of The Belgrave as to what to expect, but it turned out that this was unfounded as we had a really good five day break. The food was as good as you will find and I think better sometimes, there was not one meal where I could find a problem, and we were even given a five course gala meal on the final night, Very friendly staff and on this particular holiday we had free drinks from 6 to 11 every evening plus afternoon cream tea on two days and packed lunches on three days. The entertainment on all four nights was brilliant. I will certainly be going back to The Belgrave and it should be said it is down to the owner and manager Malcolm who spends a lot of time in the hotel organising things. We were there during the recent bad and the worst weather Tenby have ever had one of the days out had to be cancelled but thank goodness we were at the Belgrave.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends