“Fabulous hotel for a wedding”
Review of Giltar Hotel

Giltar Hotel
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Giltar Hotel in Tenby can simply be described as a 'little gem'. We stayed at The Giltar Hotel for two nights in June 2014 as we were getting married in the hotel. We had the most amazing wedding weekend from start to finish and many of our wedding guests (both family & friends) have been very complimentary about the service they received from the hotel. Some more specific details are provided below.

Location - Perfect location at the top of Tenby south beach with stunning views across to Caldey Island. The hotel is also a very short walk from Tenby town centre and the harbour and North beach.

Rooms - All rooms that we saw were lovely and clean with excellent facilities. The larger sea view rooms are fairly expensive but the views they provide are incredible. Some rooms at the back of the hotel haven't been renovated yet but those we saw were clean, functional and provided guests with everything they needed.

Overall wedding package - We chose the Caldey wedding package which provided great value for money. The ceremony room looked lovely with just enough rooms for our guests (approx. 45-50). The wedding breakfast room was beautifully decorated and the personal touches provided by the hotel (place names made to our specification etc) were just perfect. Everyone commented on how delicious the food was (we had a 3 course menu) though if anything the portion sizes were too large! The buffet food provided during the evening reception was wide ranging and very tasty.

Service - The service provided by all the staff was first rate. Malcolm and Pat (hotel owners) lead by example in knowing how to look after hotel guests, being incredibly friendly with nothing being too much trouble. All the waiters, waitresses and bar staff were friendly, helpful and engaged with all our guests.

In summary, if you're looking to get married at The Giltar Hotel then go ahead and book your date with the hotel as soon as possible! We're planning on staying at The Giltar Hotel on our 1st wedding anniversary and I'm sure this won't be our last stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Giltar Hotel

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The hotel is in a lovely location on the esplanade over looking the beach and caldey island. our hotel was on the back (supplement for a sea view) but only in it to sleep so not botheted by the view! the room was clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. the restsurant was excellent with a good choice including vegetarian and all the food was served hot on hot plates. even the veg was piping hot. breakfast had a good choice and again freshly served and hot. the staff were friendly and helpful and always appeared happy. all in all i cant think of anything to moan about, so well done all concerned!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Visited with a group of friends had a great time breakfast was great the sea views were awesome very helpful and friendly staff at the end of our stay I booked a room for my parents forth coming birthdays when they arrived and went to there room there was a lovely arrangement of flowers waiting for them which I had not requested this was very kind and considerate they were very pleased. We have stayed in the Giltar twice before and will definitely be returning again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Giltar Hotel advertises that they are pet friendly. I called the and told the receptionist that I had three dogs and she confirmed that it was ok. I then attempted to make a booking with them on their online booking system, but received errors messages so called them directly again. The receptionist said that my dogs were welcome, but that there would be an extra charge of GBP 7.50 for each dog. I mentioned that there was not anything about that charge on the website and asked if she could let me know where it was (as I had looked carefully). She said "Well, I am telling you now" - basically, take it or leave it. I agreed to pay the extra GBP 22.50 and gave her my credit card information. Later, at 21.30 the same receptionist rang me and said that they would not give me a room anyway. I offered to put down a larger deposit, but to no avail. Good that they rang me to tell me that they had changed their pet policy, but the room could have been booked through any number of booking agencies as the hotel clearly states that they accept pets on each of those sites - my problem was that I rang the hotel to confirm this. I don't know about the hotel itself, but they are clearly not as pet friendly as they claim on various online sites.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Karlshoej
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Handy Hotel for the golf course and town.
Very friendly and efficient staff.
Fantastic views from the room and the rock garden opposite the hotel.
Caldey Island in all its glory.
Great breakfast.
Helpful manager.
Will be going again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Super Hotel, superb staff, & fantastic views. Visited for a family wedding, the service was very moving & the meal at the reception was that of a top class restaurant. We enjoyed a lovely long week-end & would certainly visit the Giltar again.

Room Tip: Room 208- Has been refurbished & has superb views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely love this hotel, great location, clean and friendly, fab rooms, the owners truly care about your stay, dont go anywhere else, been staying there for a couple of years, keep coming back. Wouldnt stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2014