“Perfect first family break”
Review of Southcliff Hotel

Southcliff Hotel
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Perfect first family break”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We were a bit apprehensive about taking our 11 week old baby boy away for the first time, but The Southcliff Hotel put me at ease from the moment Pam picked up the phone to take my enquiry. We were greeted by very friendly Pam and Brian on arrival and shown to our room, and they didn't even mind that we had turned up a fair bit earlier than check in! Our family room was a fantastic size and immaculate. There was a lovely crib waiting for our baby, with teddies and blankets; they had also supplied us with a changing mat, nappy bags, wipes and a baby bath in the large bathroom.The hotel is in a great location, only a short walk to the town and beach. Breakfast at the Southcliff is enough to see you through the day! With as much tea and coffee, cereal and fruit, followed by melon or porridge, followed by a full english! Pam even offered cuddles to our son so that we could eat our breakfast! There is a residents lounge, with a TV and plenty of books, where you can have tea or coffee throughout the afternoon, There is also a lovely spacious playroom for under 5's with plenty to keep them entertained! Although our little one was a bit too little to enjoy the playroom, we had a sneaky peak for next time - we will definitely be returning - I have never come across a hotel that caters so well for young children before. Many thanks Southcliff!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kr00ch

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

We've just returned from a short break in Tenby where we stayed at the SouthCliff Hotel. Normally, we'd stay in a cottage or similar just so that we can manage the catering and sleep times of our demanding young family; if anything just to avoid the tutting, the looks, and comments we sometimes get in restaurants of so-called five star "family friendly" hotels where they take 30 mins plus to serve breakfast/evening meals to hungrary little people.

Staying at the Southcliff was a revelation. The hotel is run by Pam and Brian who cannot do enough for you. From your arrival, complimentary refreshments are available for the children. The hotel boasts a large playroom with a wide range of toys for your children to play with whilst there is a large comfortable lounge for guests. The whole hotel is spotless and the paintwork pristine; this is continued with the family bedroom and bathroom we had. The attention to detail is superb; from the potty and wipes in the bedroom, to the high-chair and smaller cutlery already set-up in the dinning room. A listening device was provided so that we could relax in the Louge with other residents whilst the children were asleep in our bedroom just a few meters away.

The breakfast service is very efficient with self-service fruit and cereal, and waitress service for the other courses (porridge, melon, full english cooked breakfast). The pre-order menu card for these courses is a very good idea as it saves time with ordering which means hungrary children receive their cooked breakfasts sooner!

This is a very family friendly hotel with high standards that make it appealing to all and enjoyable and relaxing. The hotel is in a central location with other adjoining hotels. There is a manned public car park just 20 metres away where a long stay pass can be purchased for the duration of your stay for around £4 per 24 hours during peak season.

We can thoroughly recommend this hotel and hope that we can stay again at some point.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Richard B
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

This was our (my son and I) third visit in six years. The hotel is clean and has excellent facilities. Free wifi had been added since our last visit. We stayed in a twin room with en suite bathroom. Everything worked. Television was smallish and mounted high, but with excellent picture and no problem viewing. Beds were comfortable. Shower and bathroom very clean, all plumbing quiet and efficient. Room was cleaned perfectly every day and tea and coffee supplies replenished. Breakfast was virtually an "all you can eat" affair. Tea and coffee on tap, cereals and fruit available buffet style, then two pre-ordered courses of porridge or melon, followed by a choice of cooked breakfast or continental or a vegetarian option, along with plenty of toast topped up at will. Frankly, breakfast at the Southcliff lasts you till dinner if you want it to.

The owners are helpful, cheery and polite without being precious. The hotel is within easy walking distance of beaches, pubs,restaurants and shops. It's just round the corner from a large car park where you can buy a weekly ticket, or several days worth of parking, for around £3 a day so parking is no problem. The whole experience is one of extreme convenience, so you can concentrate purely on enjoying yourself. I expect we'll be back again in a couple of years!

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Alan B
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Iv just got home from a couple of days of staying at southcliff and its the first time iv gone for a break with my 18 month old as iv always worried about taking him away frm home but as soon as I arrived I was shown to my room by pam and was astonished by all the little touches to accomidate my lil one as there was a cot with some toys in my room and a changing mat with wipes etc and also there is a playroom downstairs.at breakfast time there was a lovely selection of cerial and teas and the cooked breakfast was lovely, the baby was well catered for aswel as porridge and readybreck was available. I would definatly recomend if you are visiting tenby especially if you have childeren

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank dianaaaaaaaa
Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

Just got back for 2 night stay with fiance and son. This hotel is perfect for kids and has a massive playroom which my son loved :).
The owners were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
Breakfast was great had cooked breakfast, there's a selection of fruit, cereal and yogurt to eat before cooked breakfast comes.
Location is very close to the beach and town center.
Parking we were lucky to park for free round the corner and left car there until we went home.
Room was lovely and had new telly and refurbed bathroom.

My own dislike which is nitpicking is that the blanket duvet was too small.

Great hotel if going to Tenby with children go here :)

Highly recommend

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank BeerMonk3y
Llantwit Fardre, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I stayed at the Southcliff Hotel with my 10yr old son, which I was nervous about as it was the first time we had travelled on our own. On arrival I felt immediately at ease as we had such a friendly warm welcome and my son was also happy as he could choose a drink and packet of crisps. Our room was spotless, very comfortable, with lovely little extras and while I unpacked, my son made use of the guest lounge room to watch a DVD which again was immaculate. On request I was given a recommendation for a lovely restaurant and also a map of how to get there. Breakfast was the best we'd ever had, plenty of variety and a warm 'good morning' from Pam whilst we were enjoying the breakfast. My son also couldnt wait to go and choose his drink and crisps after breakfast which was available on both mornings. Pam and Brian couldnt do enough for us and made our first trip away on our own a special one. I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will be making a trip back very soon, my son didnt want to leave!

Room Tip: Pam and Brian are very accommodating to what room suits your needs
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Samantha C
Builth Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed with a friend & we both welcomed by the owner, who was very friendly with a good bit of humour. He showed us the room and explained about breakfast, the commercial room for guest. The room was very tidy, clean with tea & coffee. The breakfast was made to our individual taste with plenty of cereals, toast, teas, coffee & juice. They had plenty of choice for breakfast. A very very good stay and for a good price. Will be going there again.

Room Tip: The Hotel is in a quiet part of town, so it very quiet & next to the beach
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends