“Home from home - where friendly smiles and service await!”
Review of Myrtle House Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tenby
Myrtle House Hotel
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
“Home from home - where friendly smiles and service await!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Visiting family from Australia we chose Myrtle House based on other wonderful reviews and couldn't have been happier. Nothing too much trouble and found Jan in the supermarket one afternoon purchasing a particular brand of coffee someone asked about! If you are looking for a friendly, welcoming B&B with magnificent breakfasts, clean comfortable rooms in a quiet location but a couple of minutes from all sites this beautiful little town of Tenby has to offer - look no further and think yourself lucky if you get in.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Dellwood, MN
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed at the Myrtle House for 6 nights around the Ironman Wales weekend in September. From my very first interaction with Jan online and by phone to our stay our experience was top notch. They are so friendly and welcoming. The rooms are light and airy with their own bathrooms. Very clean and well maintained. Jan and Rob's breakfasts are superb. She took our orders for breakfast on the day of the Ironman and prepared whatever us athletes wanted at 0415 on race day. The hotel is centrally located just steps away from shops, the beaches and for us the finish line. Jan and Rob were always willing to do whatever they could to make our stay pleasant and comfortable. After hearing about their hospitality and seeing pictures of Pembrokeshire, my daughter says she wants to come here on her honeymoon! Whenever that might be! I hope we get a chance to come back soon when I don't have a 140.6 mile workout!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I spent a few days at Myrtle House Hotel during the IronMan week in september and for a normal weekend in april. Each time I was welcomed by Jan and Rob in the most friendly way and instantly felt at home. The rooms are impeccable (I tried 2of them), the breakfast is excellent, and the hotel in right in the center of Tenby with a 1mn access to the beach.
During the IronMan week, Jan and Rob go the extra mile themselves to meet the unusual sleep/nutrition/comfort demands of the competitors they host, and I will always remember how Jan helped me around town to get my bike and bags as I could barely walk after the race.
Thanks again for that memorable stay! I hope I will come back soon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at Myrtle House for 8 nights. I was treated like family. They did so many extra things to make my stay pleasant I couldn't even begin to list them all. The location is great very central and handy. At first I was concerned about no parking on site but Rob (owner) drove around with me finding a spot showing me which spots were legal and how to navigate the one way streets. The food was incredible. The room lovely with my own bathroom. Clean and very well maintained. I felt like I really didn't want to leave. Jan and Rob are truly gifted in the bandb service industry. !! Five stars!!

• Stayed September 2013
Bristol
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Lovely welcome from Jan and we were given a spacious room on the first floor overlooking the street. The town centre is one way and the cliffs are the other way. The beach is glorious. We stayed for three nights and the bed was comfortable and the room itself was fine. The choice at breakfast was reasonable, and perhaps a greater variety of fruit could be provided. Cars can be parked at the multi-storey next to Sainsbury's (£2 per day) and parking charges in Pembrokeshire generally are very reasonable. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Leigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Visited this hotel in July. We arrived after a long drive to be welcomed by Rob, who made us a brew, helped us with our luggage and showed us where to park. Jan and Rob looked after us for the week and were marvellous hosts. The room was comfortable and spotless and the breakfasts to die for! And Jan does a mean boiled egg! The hotel is in an ideal spot, perfect location, central but lovely and quiet at night. Had a great holiday, thanks to the lovely resort, the fantastic Pembrokeshire coastline, the great weather but most of all our warm and welcoming hosts, would recommend to anyone. Thanks Jan and Rob. x

Room Tip: Room 8, king size bed and at the front.