“First visit to Tenby”
Review of Myrtle House Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tenby
Myrtle House Hotel
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
“First visit to Tenby”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from our weekend in Tenby. Couldn't fault anything. Location of hotel was ideal. We were made to feel welcome as soon as we arrived. Room was ideal for us, breakfast was like a feast, Jan was really friendly, helped us find a parking space. Great place, would stay here again. Thank you

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pauline T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just back from 2 fab nights at myrtle house, after speaking over the phone I knew that rob and jan were going to be perfect hosts. Jan had a car space for us just a few yards down the road and a welcoming pot of tea on arrival. This B and B is spotlessly clean and we are so glad we chose to stay here.they are very friendly and can't do enough to help .breakfast has plenty of choice and rob cooks a breakfast fit for a king ( delicious).we stayed in room 7 which has a large bay window with a sea view and also has a very nice 5 foot bed! This is a truly lovely place to stay.my husband uses a mobility scooter and was able to keep it inside Nothing was any trouble.we hope to come back next year Debbie & Paul. XX

Room Tip: Room 7 has a 5 ft bed and a large bay window
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Before attempting to give my review I would like to say that Jan & Rob were both very good people and that Jan in particular was very helpful so I am not writing a poor review based on anything personal against them. The location to the town was good and the breakfast also. Having said that, this is 100% a B&B despite the name. Very difficult to get to (which we knew up to a point), no parking and very difficult to find in mid-summer in Tenby & once having found it don't leave it because you will find it difficult to find another. Jan had to accompany us in the car once we'd unloaded our luggage in order for us to find parking. Similarly on leaving had to load our stuff in their car and take it to our car. Our room (no.4) was on the third floor, no elevator so had to lug a heavy suitcase up 3 flights of narrow stairs (no elevator). Poor view over someone's back yard and an old church. No iron or ironing board, 2 small pieces of soap, no tissues, no change of towels, small double bed, very small shower in which the drain was blocked first night. I'm not trying to show off when I say that I am a well seasoned traveller but I have been in few places as uncomfortable as this tiny B&B. Tenby itself is very nice.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the 3rd floor rooms at all costs and ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kenccmd
jalemro, Owner at Myrtle House Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
I don't normally reply to reviews but felt that I had to reply to this one. First of all, you were informed at time of booking that we only had one room left, on the second floor, (we don't have a third floor as you stated), over-looking the back of the hotel and that you were booking in on a bed and breakfast basis. We also explained that we don't have parking. I sent you directions by e-mail so that you could follow a direct route into Tenby and into the hotel and once arrived we would personally take you to park your car. I found you three parking spaces just outside the town walls i.e. within two minutes walk. These spaces were refused, I found a fourth space which you could just drive into it and approximately four minutes walk away from the hotel. Towels are changed daily when allowed access into your room. There is an iron and ironing bed - as detailed on the notice in your bedroom. Regarding the blocked shower, this sometimes happens, and when we were informed it was rectified immediately. We dried your clothes for you when wet. On the day of departure, you informed us that you didn't know the way out of Tenby and that you needed petrol, Rob took you and your luggage to your car and then led you out of town, to a garage for petrol and then showed you the way out of Tenby for you to go home even though we had more departures and a busy day ahead of us.
Caerwent, Wales
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We fancied a weekend away in lovely Tenby so my wife tasked me with finding a decent place but not too pricey. So I went straight on to Tripadvisor to check out hotels and surprisingly Myrtle House came out on top. I investigated further and just about all the reviews were glowing. We tend to stay at Hotels rather that Guest Houses so I had some reservations. But I phoned Myrtle House and was told that they only had one very small room left. The lady I spoke to was hilarious. I think her name is Jan. Anyway I asked “how small is small” and the answer was again “very small”. I told her “you are not really selling this are you”. But I was encouraged by the lady’s honesty and humour and booked up the small room but at an agreed discounted price.

On arrival we were taken up to our room and discovered that the owner wasn’t joking about the room size. But the room was pleasant enough, albeit the en suite was a challenge. Let’s just say that the chubbers of the world probably wouldn’t even get inside the en suite. I was ensured that all the other rooms are of a reasonable size though.

The location of Myrtle House is pretty good as it is virtually in the centre. It is clean and tidy, you have a lovely welcome and the breakfast is good.

Room Tip: The small room is indeed small. Though the owner warns you of this beforehand.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rhidian
cheshire
Reviewed 3 August 2014

wow what a wonderful weeks hoilday we had at myrtle house , jan and rob are lovely host very frendly and helpful it was pleasure to share a beautiful their hotel , location was perfect ,sea view large bright room ,a well needed cup of tea when we arrived, help us park the car ,on to the breakfast it was wonderful all fresh produce kept you going all day .our room was serviced every day .it was simply fantastic so much so we have booked for the whole family to go next summer .thanks jan and rob xx

Room Tip: room 8 bay window sea view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

First time stay at Myrtle House Hotel made to feel so welcome by Jan and Rob
we stayed 7 nights and had a fantastic time
A lovely welcome and jan helped us to park the car and then made us a nice cup of tea .
our room was a double with bay window and sea view and was a good size and spotless
with en suite toilet and shower.
Breakfast had a good choice of cereals and fruit juice tea coffee toast
and the full breakfast was prepared by Rob and was the best breakfast ever.
we wanted for nothing and have booked again for next year
Stuart and michaela Xx

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Myrtle house with Jan as your host was a delightful place to stay. From the moment we arrived we were helped with parking our car, greeted with a cup of tea and never felt in need of anything. The location although we knew we were not having a beach view room didn't matter at all ( the sea is only a couple of houses away). In fact this hotel is very very quiet, which I'm sure a number are not. The full cooked breakfast had a great selection and was huge. This small hotel is exceptional value for money and our hosts a delight to chat to.

• Stayed July 2014