“excellent restaurant”

The Imperial Tenby Hotel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Reviewed 19 December 2012

We went here for my parent's Golden Wedding anniversary meal. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the food was simply superb. We went in early to hand over the table decorations and when we all arrived together a bit later, the staff had decorated the table for us. They also ensured we had a table with great views over the beach (the restaurant has huge glass windows to make the most of the location & views). The meal was excellent and none of us could finish it sadly but for those who have a big appetite & like good food then this is the place to go. My parents were absolutely delighted and went back the next day especially to thank the staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy T
Simon M, General Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Many thanks for writing a lovely review at your stay at the Imperial. I shall pass on all your wonderful comments to all members of the team, especially the team members that helped to decorate the table. They really appreciate guests acknowledging their hard work. We are very privileged to be located in such a beautiful area with magical views. I’m so glad your parents had such a nice time with us for this special occasion. We hope it won’t be long till you return. Kind regards, Simon

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Went with Shearings coaches and had a good stay. Staff very friendly but we came across two problems. The room we were given,no 5 ,was very spacious and comfortable but we were here when it was bitterly cold weather. Wind was blowing through the single glazed patio door and no matter how we tried to block it out we were very cold at night even with the radiator on full.The other concern was that at meal times hot food was often lukewarm.However,we would stay here again if we returned to Tenby.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank barbararA3779WX

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. I shall pass on all your lovely comments to all members of the team. We are very privileged to be located in such a beautiful area with a magical view but also when the weather is cold and the winds strong like it was that week, we can get affected at the hotel. Our Hotel does strive to offer good value for money and I will speak to maintenances to address the situation with the draft coming through and also with the kitchen team about the meals. It is pleasing to read, that you enjoyed the stay with us and that you will be back when I can assure you will see a great improvement. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial. Regards, Simon.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Really enjoyed our stay here. Comfortable room, very good food, staff very attentive and friendly. Cannot fault it. Very good menu with plenty of choice.
The restaurant overlooks the sea as does the bar on the ground floor, so lovely views while enjoying the friendly ambience.
The location is stunning, but the comments above added to the enjoyment of our stay and we will definitely return next year.
Refurbishment done so far is excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frances D
Simon M, General Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

Many thanks for posting your comments regarding your stay at the Imperial. I shall pass on all your lovely comments to all members of the team. We are very privileged to be located in such a beautiful area with magical views. Our Hotel does strive to offer good value for money and it is pleasing that you felt we delivered this to you. I’m looking forward to seeing you next year. Regards, Simon

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Visited for Sunday lunch with two toddlers and made to feel very welcome. Really enjoyed whole experience. Staff could not have been more friendly or accommodating. Food was very tasty. Views absolutely spectacular!
Will look forward to going back.
Diolch yn fawr.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mrhian

Many thanks for taking the time to post a great review. I will pass all your comments to all relevant staff as they really appreciate when guest do acknowledge them. I am glad that you enjoyed the Sunday Lunch and you experienced at the Imperial hotel and I am pleased you enjoyed the fantastic view that the Imperial have to offer from our restaurant and lounges. Please look at our website or call direct to the hotel for more information and I hope to see you again in the near future.
Diolch yn fawr am eich geiriau caredig(I believe to be, Many thanks for your kind words) I hope I spelt them correct Regards, Simon

Reviewed 14 November 2012

Just returned from a 4 night break, sea room view magic. The staff were excellent and smartly dressed. The food was delicious and nicely presented, Only one thing wrong, having paid £20.00 to park in hotel car park wich only holds 9 cars we found it to be the staff car park, every time we entered or left it we had to find the menbers of staff to move their cars. I hope the staff also payed to park there.

Room Tip: Sea view room a must.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Imperial. It is always nice to read nice reviews about the staff and the food. They really appreciate that guests acknowledge their hard work so I will pass your comments. I am sorry to hear about the car park space. We are recently review the car park situation and I can assure you it will be a remarkable change in your next visit. I am glad you enjoy the views and the service provide by the staff. Hope to see you soon. Regards, Simon

Reviewed 14 November 2012

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago for two nights. The hotel is very dated and tired. Our room was just appauling, exposed wires, damp all over the walls and ceiling, rotten window frames, blocked toilet, wall paper hanging off the wall in huge chunks. The mattress was so old, we could feel every spring in it. The service at breakfast was terrible, and the attitude of the waiter that seated us to our table was dreadful, he was extremely rude and threw the cutlery onto the table and huffed and walked away!!!!! This hotel is surviving only on the stunning location it is in, i would not recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BIDARNIE

Thank you for posting your review. First of all I am sorry that we didn´t meet your expectations and you didn´t enjoy your stay with us. I will investigate all your comments and as you can see by our trip advisors responses this is not a common complaint. Our aim is to ensure all our guests not only enjoy their stay, but also ensure they have received value for money. Regards, Simon

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Have just returned from our first stay at the Imperial where I was unfortunately ill for two days. I was very well looked after by the manager Simon McVeigh who was most kind and considerate and made sure I had everything necessary to recover quickly. All the staff were efficient, friendly
and very helpful. The refurbished rooms are modern and attractive and the views are spectacular. Our superior room was large and comfortable and the food was very good. This is a very well run hotel and I am sure we will return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to writing such a great review. I shall pass your comments to all the staff. I am glad to hear you feel better after being ill for two days. We always strive to provide the best service and when guests inform us of any circumstances at the time we will do our best to make sure they feel as part of the Family, and we will accommodate in the best possible way. I am pleased that you enjoyed the food, room and service at the hotel. We hope it won’t be long till you return. Kind regards, Simon